The Lamps Are Going Out» Forums » General

Subject: Some bugging questions and opinions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
A few queries that have been bugging me since playing through this game and despite looking at the rules several times still continue to do so.

1. The A2 Planned Barrages card gives the advantage of three dice rolls if an air superiority marker is present. Now if the attacker has four arty batteries in one area (A1, A2 and C1 cards already drawn) Does this mean that up to four attacks with the artillery can be made by rolling three dice or does it depend on how many air superiority markers you have in play? To me this seems like a huge advantage to the attacker if the former is correct.

2. When a home production area is recaptured, can its production points be used by the home nation that same turn?

3. Turkey can't be supplied a PP by Germany until either of the following happens, Serbia falls and if Bulgaria isn't in the CP's yet Germany would have to send an extra PP to cover the neutral nation costs. Or if Serbia stands and if Bulgaria is a CP the point could be sent through Romania assuming of course that it's not in the TE again using the extra point cost, correct?

4. Also the Basra track that cost 2PP each time to refit also applies to a Turkish armies as well, I ask given how few PP they can ever have?

The next two are not rules questions, just me being curious as to what other players do

5. If going on the defensive posture as Germany in the west after failure to take Paris etc but both Somme and Verdun taken. How many German armies do other players tend to leave here. I normally go with 5 in the Somme and 3 in Verdun with trenches etc and the remaining eastwards for offensive operations.

6. If the elite mtn division card is drawn do other players put that onto a German or AH army given the fact that it's only of use attacking into a mtn area of which most are available in the Balkans or Italy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

1. AS long as you have an air superiority marker - then yes all arty there can benefit [ air reconn. advantage ] - of course each arty can be used only once per turn..

2.Yes
3. Correct ! [ only western allies & USA can send PP transfers by sea - all others can go thro' a max. of one neutral nation...

4. Basra track - extra cost applies ONLY to non-Turkish armies { see FAQ }

5. In my first game my opponent put even more; but the strategy was the same - a superiority on the " Eastern front "

6. Yes placed onto the Italian front to good effect. Or the Balkans if still stalemated there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules Redmand
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies Paul and much appreciated.

Another aspect of the game that interests me, is how often does anyone decide to transfer a PP to Serbia as Russia through Romania before she becomes a member of the TE, as two points is a big amount for Russia to handle unlike GB who can manage it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.