Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Online Codenames AI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FIlip Uzunov
msg tools
wordly.info - This is where you can give my Codenames AI a try, just input a few words and get suggestions for clues for those words as a result.It is rather noun oriented, but can still give interesting hints. It is based on machine learning and uses pretty much the same methods as the ones in the other AI thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1699867/codenames-ai, but my focus was on making it online so people can actually give it a try.
Input is not limited to the words in the game, so you can potentially use it for other purposes as well (some writers think it is really useful).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

If I type in Saturn it gives me tons of words.
If I type in Lawyer it does same.

If I type in Saturn Lawyer it says "No words match your query"

Shouldn't it at least list all the same words from both words?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What overlap is between Saturn and Lawyer?


If I try a combo like Lawyer and Planet, I get one result (Doctor)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
What overlap is between Saturn and Lawyer?

If I try a combo like Lawyer and Planet, I get one result (Doctor)


Those 2 words were my last 2 in a very competitive game of Codenames and when the clock was winding down, I threw out desperate "Lawsuit: 2" and my team got it for the win.

(Saturn the car obviously)

Obv it's pretty obscure reference and I didn't expect the AI to come up with it but was curious if there were other clues I could have used but didn't think of.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
MunchWolf wrote:
What overlap is between Saturn and Lawyer?

If I try a combo like Lawyer and Planet, I get one result (Doctor)


Those 2 words were my last 2 in a very competitive game of Codenames and when the clock was winding down, I threw out desperate "Lawsuit: 2" and my team got it for the win.

(Saturn the car obviously)

Obv it's pretty obscure reference and I didn't expect the AI to come up with it but was curious if there were other clues I could have used but didn't think of.


Although I think Lawyer and Lawsuit probably fall under the compound word rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FIlip Uzunov
msg tools
Did anyone get any good clues out of it? Or are they mostly not good?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kift
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
filkata wrote:
Did anyone get any good clues out of it? Or are they mostly not good?


I put in "lawyer" and "glove" and it gave me UMPIRE, which I thought was pretty clever!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FIlip Uzunov
msg tools
Nice one! I love how even though I made the tool I'll only be able to see a fraction of the cool resuts it produces
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kifty wrote:
filkata wrote:
Did anyone get any good clues out of it? Or are they mostly not good?


I put in "lawyer" and "glove" and it gave me UMPIRE, which I thought was pretty clever!


Interesting! I'd have probably said Cochran.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's blocked for me, will try later!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
kifty wrote:
filkata wrote:
Did anyone get any good clues out of it? Or are they mostly not good?


I put in "lawyer" and "glove" and it gave me UMPIRE, which I thought was pretty clever!


Interesting! I'd have probably said Cochran.


OJ Simpson may be better choice depending on the board.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
OJ Simpson may be better choice depending on the board.


If you play with formal nouns! We don't, and "Simpson" might be too associated with the cartoon?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FIlip Uzunov
msg tools
I am glad it generated so much interest. A German version of it is in the works
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl P (Chazzmo)
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This link is dead FYI
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.