Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

We need your help. Zombie Tsunami is launching on KS May 9th, and we are still trying to figure out what would be the best box visual. A is what we got now but B would be closer to the original video game. Please vote by commenting A or B below! Thank you!

You can find more information about the game here: http://zombie-tsunami.launchrock.com

Again, thank you!!
Vincent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

First one- the green reminds me too much of TMNT and the purple feels more appealing to me. I also like the content of the ark work better- one is showing active conflict and more variety of characters might see in the game, the other more like I'm about to get overrun with green lemmings.

ETA- I have no knowledge of the original game, just to be more clear about where I am coming from as someone viewing a KS project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ryan
United States
Gray
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A. The purple and green complement each other well, and the overall design is also more appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk V.
Belgium
Tervuren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A

Don't know the video game.
I kinda like the green of B more, but the artwork on A is much better, more "alive". On B it looks a bit "flat"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Diel
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I prefer A. The composition is more interesting compared to B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A is definitely more engaging. The larger creature gives you a nice focal point. The purple contrasts the green, making the zombies stand out more. It just feels more fun.

B your eye goes the tidal wave first, which is the least interesting part of the cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
klopu lamar
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know the video game but I prefer A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shoemaker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
A. I like the purple and the big alien.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B actually has a tsunami.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A by a significant margin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Topher
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I definitely like A better. I have no knowledge of the video game, but I'll say that the greater variation in character designs and character sizes on A makes the artwork much more interesting and dynamic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmik42 wrote:
Hi guys,

We need your help. Zombie Tsunami is launching on KS May 9th, and we are still trying to figure out what would be the best box visual. A is what we got now but B would be closer to the original video game. Please vote by commenting A or B below! Thank you!

You can find more information about the game here: http://zombie-tsunami.launchrock.com

Again, thank you!!
Vincent.

Vincent,

I like A better. Pink stands out more than green, plus the cute factor balances out the horror factor from the zombies, making it more delirious.
The artwork is much more interesting, even though I agree that B is closer to what the app is about. But A looks more fun, more silly, and there's more variety, leading us to believe the game will be more interesting than B.

A makes me think I will control humans trying to fight zombies.
B reminds me that the game is about controlling zombies, not fighting them. Keep that in mind.

A shows the components, so it'd be better as a front image for the KS campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Ooooooooo

Alaska
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer A... and would rather be drawn in by a wave a zombies (zombie cubes... awe, so cute) than think about an actual tsunami. Plus that is a great point that it shows the components more clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manοlis Frangidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer A, for many of the reasons that have been put forth by others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dav Bud
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A For sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would choose A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Nicholson
United States
Gilmer
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I like A myself just really jumps out at you. Sitting on a shelf I think the colors would make you gravitate to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just an opinion...

Both IMO are good. I prefer the character art and its finishing in A, while I like more the background (tells better the scene) in B. But actually I'd prefer to keep A as it is. That magenta is probably better, in A, than the green for the box.

All in all, I probably would go for A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OneManCrafts wrote:

Just an opinion...

Both IMO are good. I prefer the character art and its finishing in A, while I like more the background (tells better the scene) in B. But actually I'd prefer to keep A as it is. That magenta is probably better, in A, than the green for the box.

All in all, I probably would go for A.

We are going to incorporate better the Tsunami in the A and try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Krause
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I feel that A looks much better compared to B.

Firstly, A has better contrasting colors, which makes all the different parts of the box stand out more and really catch the eye.

Secondly, the whole scene in A looks much more interesting and dynamic than B. A looks a lot more visually appealing as a result.

I also think that by going with A, you will set the tabletop game apart from the video game (which I am not familiar with), which is a good thing if people are Googling one or the other. If both boxes look too similar, people might waste time shopping for the wrong product. Using A will also prevent that from happening.

Overall, both boxes look really great, but A is definitely the winner here! Good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
If it were up to me, I would choose B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
A is definitely more eye catching. Tho I do agree that it's a little weird that there's no actual tsunami on the image but the composition is slightly more important in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Clarke
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Enjoy Your Life!!
badge
Game On!
mbmbmbmbmb
A definitely A. B is OK, but A is more visually interesting and has more going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.