Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan's art is frequently compared to Miyazaki and the Ghibli films. This theme is definitely the most in line with that studio of all his games yet. SO EXCITED to see what this one brings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Annnnd now having reread the threads on this I see Seegert specifically referencing Princess Mononoke. Guess I should have reacquainted myself with this forum before posting redundantly.

Glad to see him say that giving the game time to simmer has made it much better. I believe that completely and am so excited to read that this is close to being shown in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you posted, I didn't realize that about the game. Big Miyazaki fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Thanks!

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Kelly
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Is this the real life?
badge
Is it just fantasy?
mbmbmbmbmb
With Haven, I'm actually hoping for a bit of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, given its "nature versus progress" motif.

I think a bit of Fern Gully wouldn't go astray either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Nature vs progress' is how I would describe almost all Miyazaki films. :-) nausicca, princess mononoke, ponyo and in some ways Totoro all are extra heavy on that though they all have it in some fashion.

I think you're in good hands with Mononoke as a foundation. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
"Nature vs progress' is how I would describe almost all Miyazaki films. :-) nausicca, princess mononoke, ponyo and in some ways Totoro all are extra heavy on that though they all have it in some fashion.

I think you're in good hands with Mononoke as a foundation. :-)

I always considered Miyazaki films as more stories about people and the environment is just a 3rd protagonist/antagonist. Look at Kiki, Grave of the Fireflies, Howls, etc. He seems to present war just as much as nature which to me is why i always felt his stories are about people and the trials they go through in their lives. I do own and have watched at least 15 films but some of them are studio Ghibli so maybe there are outside influences (grave of the fireflies for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.