Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused on how to start the Year 2 game. So my daughter and I finished Year 1. Does everything we bought in Year 1 card-wsie come over with us to Year 2? Or do we start from scratch with just the 10 stock character cards?

What about the villain cards and the Dark Arts cards? Do they transfer over to Year 2?

Is this explained in the rules somewhere? Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with the base deck again. (It isn't a campaign game.)

Add the Year 2 villain and Dark Arts card to those from year 1.

Edit: I believe these rules were supposed to be in the Year 2 box, but it seems like at least one copy didn't have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use everything except locations from the previous year. You always start with a new deck made only of the ten starter cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post about this as well.

We have played up to book 5 and I found the game extremely easy with 4 players. I did search the rules and book setup sheets but found nothing confirming either way.

There is a rules clarification document in the files section that states HPHB is not a campaign game and to restart with the base deck but provides no point of documentation. I would hope the developer will comment on the topic.

I could see flushing allies and objects at the end of a book but keeping a single copy of each spell... those carry over in the story books.

Thanks for posting the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't opened Game 2's box when I asked, but I now see that the rules for how to set it up are in there.

Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Extremely easy with four players through year 5"...?

Hmmm.

You are beginning each game with just the starter decks, right?

We have not found the game easy for 4 players. Some games you get a good run and you can win; some games the cards fall against you and there is nothing you can do.

The rules for years 2-7 are on the USAopoly site (on the Game Rules tab). The year 2 rules clearly say you just use the starter decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I was going to post about this as well.

We have played up to book 5 and I found the game extremely easy with 4 players. I did search the rules and book setup sheets but found nothing confirming either way.

There is a rules clarification document in the files section that states HPHB is not a campaign game and to restart with the base deck but provides no point of documentation. I would hope the developer will comment on the topic.

I could see flushing allies and objects at the end of a book but keeping a single copy of each spell... those carry over in the story books.

Thanks for posting the question.

This isn't an open question. The rules for each game state that players start with the basic ten card decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every one of the mini rules booklets clearly states that you start the year only with your 10 starter cards. Usually there is some little quip like "you should have kept up with your studies over summer" or something.

The publisher does not need to post a 'clarification' - it's in the printed rules documents that come with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Every one of the mini rules booklets clearly states that you start the year only with your 10 starter cards. Usually there is some little quip like "you should have kept up with your studies over summer" or something.

The publisher does not need to post a 'clarification' - it's in the printed rules documents that come with the game.

Agreed. As the OP I just hadn't opened the Game 2 box yet. Pretty clear once I did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Felder
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

Agreed. As the OP I just hadn't opened the Game 2 box yet. Pretty clear once I did.

They were replying to StevenE Smooth Sailing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.