Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newspaper and Burglary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I found myself using Jenny in the Essex County Express, and she had both Newspaper (https://arkhamdb.com/card/02155) and Burglary (https://arkhamdb.com/card/01045) in play.

Slight spoilers if you don't want to know about the new cards:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Quote:
Newspaper - You get +2 Intellect while investigating if you have no clues.

Burglary says:

Quote:
Exhaust Burglary: Investigate. If you succeed, instead of discovering clues, gain 3 resources.

Does Newspaper apply to Burglary?

I played it that way, as that that seems to be the literal interpretation of the cards - but I don't see why having a Newspaper and being clueless would help me rob a train carriage. I didn't see anything that would suggest that they shouldn't interact like this, though.

Further Essex County Express specific spoilers:

This actually proved a really useful card for this scenario, as you keep clearing clues from your investigators at the end of every agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that appears to be a legal card interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, Jenny spotted a note in the Society column (the only part of the newspaper she reads)about a recent wedding, recognized the groom as an unspeakable cad who had once proposed to her (the very idea!), and took the opportunity to go through his luggage in the Honeymoon Berth and retrieve a keepsake of Jenny's that he had never returned while the happy couple were having eggs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.