Subject: Storage Options with Wave 2 Coming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
I've had in my head for a bit that the final storage option I was going to go with once I had everything was to take everything NOT a mini and put it all in the base box, then find a minis storage solution.

I initially purchased a Games Plus bag full of pick and pluck trays because there was a really good sale on MiniatureMarket awhile back. After receiving the delivery and placing all the minis on top of the trays before starting to "pluck" I feel like this will work with JUST the content I currently own, but that it would not be enough to contain everything currently + all the Wave 2 minis coming.

Recently, I looked at KR Multicase Pick and Pluck trays + cases. I use KR for my collection of X-Wing and it does a pretty good job, but I use mostly custom trays for that. I printed out some of their "try before you buy" tray guides, laid out my stuff, and it looks like it will work pretty well, but it would be quite a bit more expensive than Games Plus was (remember, sale).

I'm not stuck on Pick and Pluck, but that's the direction I'm leaning currently. In order to save some space I'm thinking that instead of plucking a slot for each fig, I'd pluck out long rows for each specific kind of thing. So all the skeletons would have one long row, and all the pirates, etc... This would also let me easily put the tiles in the slots with the enemies, keeping the tiles and figs together.

Anybody else had success with storing this game well? I want to condense this game down into the least number of carryable items I can get away with, and the KR solution would get me down to just two items (Core Box, and KR carry case). Are there good alternatives in soft foam, either better pick and pluck, or custom trays? I know Feldherr has a solution for Wave 1, but I didn't think it's solution also included space for Wave 2 content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with the A-Case. Bought additional magnets from KJ Magnetics that are smaller than the ones that came with the cases so I didn't have to drill any holes.

It took 2 cases to store all of the wave 1 stuff, but they're pretty small and light. The only mini that's stored in the main box is the sea creature (but only the body/head -- tentacles are in the cases).

The company is running a kickstarter right now & their newer cases have adjustable racks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Something very much NOT soft foam that I saw recently on the Conan FB Group.

Anybody know who makes these or something like them? The highly adjustable dividers are nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Many companies make the adjustable divider boxes, but Plano is the one I use.

http://www.planomolding.com/fishing/stowaway-utility-boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most hardware stores will have storage units similar to this. They are designed to hold screws, etc. But I use mine for miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishing department at Wal-Mart has them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Footballzs wrote:
Most hardware stores will have storage units similar to this. They are designed to hold screws, etc. But I use mine for miniatures.

...and an addict is born. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williamson
United States
Bloomfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are not planning to paint the minis, then most of the above solutions will work.

If you are going to paint them, I would recommend either Chessex figure cases or the custom one from Battlefoam that is designed for Conan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
Footballzs wrote:

...and an addict is born. devil

Exactly, I dumped my screws and stuff into a box, cleaned the storage unit and, viola, a playing I shall go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Baker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thought about it a good deal....thought about the time I had already spent painting some of the minis, and how much I was going to spend in the future....picked up the full set of cut foam for the King's pledge AND a basic set. Fills three boxes but has enough for everything coming AND yogah and the Dragon....done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I am waiting till I got everything delivered, and than start to work on a storage solution. Maybe everthing will fit the 2 big boxes. One for the minis, the other for everything else.
I use a mix of plywood (bottom and outer sides) and rubberfoam (dividers) to store minis (especially painted ones), since its much thinner than foam inserts like Feldherr (30-40% of the box is taken up by the foam itself) offers. Hope the KS-Lasercutter arrives soon, so i can work with better precision on the rubberfoam parts, to build them interlocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
SmallRealities wrote:
If you are going to paint them, I would recommend either Chessex figure cases or the custom one from Battlefoam that is designed for Conan.

I looked at the Battlefoam insert a bit, but IIRC that one doesn't have space for the Wave 2 expansion stuff.

EDIT: Also, I'm not a painter myself and the most I would probably have done is to have a friend prime them and do a wash to make them pop a bit more without paying the price for fully painted minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
Fishing department at Wal-Mart has them.

You are correct sir! I found some at Walmart and picked up one to see what I think.

This pictured tray is called the Flambeau Tuff 'Tainer Zerust model 5007.

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/Fishing/Divider-Systems/Tuf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.