Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Istanbul: Letters & Seals» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing a bonus card during another player's auction/Kiosk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have no money, but a card which says, "Sell any good or coffee for 7 lira". Another player lands on the Auction House. Can you play the card to get 7 lira, and then bid 7?

My assumption is that you can play the card to get the money. However, you have to have the money to bid it; you can't hold the card and only use it if you win the auction.

Similarly, I would assume that you can play a card before getting the benefit of a Kiosk tile, even if it isn't your turn. If the tile comes up, "pay 10 lira for a wheelbarrow extension", or "sell a coffee for 3 lira", you can play a card to get the money or coffee, then take and use the tile.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Plaong a bonus card during another player's auction/Kiosk
David Grabiner wrote:
You have no money, but a card which says, "Sell any good or coffee for 7 lira". Another player lands on the Auction House. Can you play the card to get 7 lira, and then bid 7?

My assumption is that you can play the card to get the money. However, you have to have the money to bid it; you can't hold the card and only use it if you win the auction.

Similarly, I would assume that you can play a card before getting the benefit of a Kiosk tile, even if it isn't your turn. If the tile comes up, "pay 10 lira for a wheelbarrow extension", or "sell a coffee for 3 lira", you can play a card to get the money or coffee, then take and use the tile.

No, you can only play Bonus cards in your own turn.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Grabiner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Plaong a bonus card during another player's auction/Kiosk
Thanks. Can you play a bonus card during the auction, or after the Kiosk tiles are drawn but before they are taken (as in the examples above, but it it your turn?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Plaong a bonus card during another player's auction/Kiosk
David Grabiner wrote:
Thanks. Can you play a bonus card during the auction, or after the Kiosk tiles are drawn but before they are taken (as in the examples above, but it it your turn?)
No, you can't play Bonus cards during an action, only before or after it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
msg tools
barandur wrote:
David Grabiner wrote:
Thanks. Can you play a bonus card during the auction, or after the Kiosk tiles are drawn but before they are taken (as in the examples above, but it it your turn?)
No, you can't play Bonus cards during an action, only before or after it.


Is that restriction mentioned in the rules?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Elarion wrote:
barandur wrote:
David Grabiner wrote:
Thanks. Can you play a bonus card during the auction, or after the Kiosk tiles are drawn but before they are taken (as in the examples above, but it it your turn?)
No, you can't play Bonus cards during an action, only before or after it.


Is that restriction mentioned in the rules?
It is mentioned in the Bonus card section of the Base game. I think it is only mentioned for the "Take a Good" card, because at this time it only makes sense to mention it here, but we always had it in mind as a general rule.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.