Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all the monster stuff (the cards, standees, the envelope things) in sandwhich bags by monster type (with all "archers" in the same bag). Then I took all those bags and put them in a tote bag because it wouldn't fit in the box with the rest of the stuff. Then I put all the campaign/player stuff in different colored zip lock bags IN the box, which barely fit under all the tile pieces. Works for me, but I believe it's impossible to fit everything in the box without taking out the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a box of windowed paper CD sleeves from Staples. I labelled each of them and each holds the monster 'stat' card, standees and AI deck. These fit nicely beside the character boxes in the main box if the insert is removed. The rest of the components are bagged or in a plano box. It all fits back into the main box because I have separately organized the map tiles in a small accordion file box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Jung
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I punched everything out, then organized by type. Humans in one bag, animals in another, undead in yet another, etc. Then I organized terrain by type, mine were wood, not wood, and not hex (traps). Money/treasure in one bag and damage / 10exp tokens.
If you label the bags, it really helps you remember which standees/tokens are in each bag.

Everything fits in the box. It's not perfect, but it works for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried the Meeple Realty insert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kroupa
United States
Rio Rancho
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I followed someone else's guide that resolved around 4 specific sizes Plano boxes and the. Snack/sandwich sized bags. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another...
I'm not savvy with links but that's the page. It worked wonders and my set up tear down time is minimal. Am looking forward to seeing the broken token set when it's available and may upgrade to that after. But we shall see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 40 cheap baggies. I punched out all monsters of a type and put them into each baggy. I punched out all traps and put them into another baggy. I put all 1 hex terrain into another baggy, and 2/3 hex into another. I put all furniture into a baggy. I put all coins/chests into a baggy. I put all damage tokens in a baggy (not using, using dice). I put all other small fiddly tokens in a remaining baggy. This method took about an hour.

Later I went to a craft store with measurements of specific box areas. Bought (about $4 each) "bead organizers" so that they fit into slots of the box (ie. above the rows of miniatures). I then put all small fiddly tokens into a smaller organizer. I then put most monsters into another set of larger organizers.
Had I bought these first, I could have bought less baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went shopping with my dad and we bought a business card organizer and a binder. He put the item cards in the business card organizers which he clipped into the binder. He also got an old CD organizer from work to put some other cards in. Card protectors are nice to have, and you can buy them off of Miniature Market. Hope this helped a bit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
lextrix wrote:
I followed someone else's guide that resolved around 4 specific sizes Plano boxes and the. Snack/sandwich sized bags. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726878/yss-yet-another...
I'm not savvy with links but that's the page. It worked wonders and my set up tear down time is minimal. Am looking forward to seeing the broken token set when it's available and may upgrade to that after. But we shall see

Thanks! Just bought those boxes. Usually I go the baggy route but I think with this game it's definitely worth going the extra mile to save time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Bought an accordion binder from the dollar store and sorted the terrain tiles alphabetically. I just keep this on top of the box.

A dollar store plano box keeps most of the fiddly components and the 2-tile long components. The 3-tile components are in their own baggy.

Each monster is in a baggy with their 1) standees 2) stats card 3) AI deck.

The attack modifier decks are in the players' boxes for their current class.

Plenty of space to just pile the baggy of standee clips and all the monsters up to the level of the top of the class boxes. Then the plano box and books and baggy of all party/world state stuff goes on top. Plenty of room to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerr
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Zach,

Not ideal solution thematically, but functionally, it's working for me so far (I just got mine lasts Friday and was so anxious to play, I haven't dealt with doing anything for organizing the cards, other than sleeving my 3 characters ability and attack modifier cards).

I took about 2 1/2 hours to punch the 18 boards, and unwrap the cards, etc. I have the retail version with the monster standees.

By removing all but 1 of the foam inserts that came with the game, I was able to fit all components, map tiles, board, cards, etc into the box using the following:

2 x Plano 18-compartment boxes (9" L x 4-1/2" W x 1-1/2" H)
Box 1 - All the tokens, coins, markers, and the smaller single tiles
Box 2 - All smaller monster standees

1x Plano Large 18-compartment box (11-3/8" L x 7-3/8" W x 1-9/16" H) - All larger monster standees and some of the larger double tile overlays fit here.

I haven't taken any photos yet, too busy playing but will update the post soon.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Has anyone tried the Meeple Realty insert?

I got mine on Friday and set up Saturday. It cut my setup/breakdown in half, and lowers the footprint on my table while playing substantially.

I'm really happy I got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools

Bottom Layer (starting at the top left) -
Monster Stat Sheets separating Action Cards (sleeved) in alphabetical order as suggested by Isaac Childres. Bag of stands used to fill space and keep them upright.
Attack Modifier decks for players 1-4 sleeved, Battle Goals sleeved, Unused Attack Modifiers below, Monster Attack Modifiers sleeved below that.
Item cards (used a sleeve to separate items in play and not in play), random item design cards below, extra sleeves for when items or Attack Modifier cards are used.
Personal Objective cards, Unused Road and City Cards, and road and city cards in play below.
Random Dungeon Cards and Reference Cards where they came.
I sleeved all the level 1 action cards for the 6 starting classes and put them back into their respective tuck boxes.

I cut the foam to hold all the monster standees (minus the bosses). I had to cut the one on top shorter so it could accommodate the Monster Stat and Action Cards on the left. The foam on the right is thicker, so it contains all the monsters with 10 copies. They are all in the same alphabetical order as the Stat and Action Cards to make them easy to find (starting on the layer above and minus the ones with 10 copies).

Top layer of Monster Standees in alphabetical order.

Stickers and Envelopes so they are on a flat surface while at the same time preventing the Standees from falling out.

Board, Rules, and Book.

Pieces A-G on the left, H-N on the right.

All the other pieces in bags sorted by type: Difficult Terrain, Obstacles, Treasure/Traps, Hazardous Terrain, Corridors, Doors, Bosses, HP and XP Counters, Summoning Tokens, Coins, Identifiers, Status Effects.

Everything fits perfectly ALMOST right up to the brim (about half an inch of extra space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom K
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JC,

So the only thing you needed to have on hand are the little bags for the small pieces, right? Thanks for posting and adding all the details!

-Tommy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DefJukie wrote:
Bottom Layer (starting at the top left) -
Monster Stat Sheets separating Action Cards (sleeved) in alphabetical order as suggested by Isaac Childres. Bag of stands used to fill space and keep them upright.

Attack Modifier decks for players 1-4 sleeved, Battle Goals sleeved, Unused Attack Modifiers below, Monster Attack Modifiers sleeved below that.

Item cards (used a sleeve to separate items in play and not in play), random item design cards below, extra sleeves for when items or Attack Modifier cards are used.

Personal Objective cards, Unused Road and City Cards, and road and city cards in play below.

Random Dungeon Cards and Reference Cards where they came.
I sleeved all the level 1 action cards for the 6 starting classes and put them back into their respective tuck boxes.

I cut the foam to hold all the monster standees (minus the bosses). I had to cut the one on top shorter so it could accommodate the Monster Stat and Action Cards on the left. The foam on the right is thicker, so it contains all the monsters with 10 copies. They are all in the same alphabetical order as the Stat and Action Cards to make them easy to find (starting on the layer above and minus the ones with 10 copies).

Top layer of Monster Standees in alphabetical order.

Stickers and Envelopes so they are on a flat surface while at the same time preventing the Standees from falling out.

Board, Rules, and Book.

Pieces A-G on the left, H-N on the right.

All the other pieces in bags sorted by type: Difficult Terrain, Obstacles, Treasure/Traps, Hazardous Terrain, Corridors, Doors, Bosses, HP and XP Counters, Summoning Tokens, Coins, Identifiers, Status Effects.

Everything fits perfectly ALMOST right up to the brim (about half an inch of extra space.

This works very well!

It took some time, but I cut out the foam similar to how you've shown. Putting the room tiles on top works better than putting the books and map on top. Also, I was able to squeeze some baggies in the nooks and crannies around the foam layers and ended up with only two on the top layer. I can actually close the lid!

The only difference is that I haven't decided on sleeves yet, but otherwise you've saved me from justifying an insert purchase, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knapp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DefJukie wrote:

That... ...that is just sheer brilliance. This site never ceases to amaze me...

Only problem is I have the second edition with the cutout in the foam for the dials... But I could probably find a block of foam somewhere to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the second edition also and I went with alphabetical order but I had to squeeze everything together a bit more.

The one on the left had to be cut to fit between the monster stat cards and the foam on the right with inset dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Almost exactly what I did, Branam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fisher
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've got 2nd edition too, but did two things a bit differently.

I used only two blocks of foam and packed the standees in tighter (using one cutout for 2-4 monsters) so I could pitch the other piece of foam and use that space for baggies of tokens. I didn't alphabetize b/c I didn't want to know the monster names in advance, so I grouped by color and monsters that looked like they might occur together. Everything fit except the bosses, and the 3 monsters from scenario one (I'd forgotten I'd separated them out to make the first game setup faster). I bet I can sneak them into the foam that holds the XP / HP dials though (I'll report back).

Also, to prevent them from falling out the bottom I used some packing tape to create a bottom layer (using a second piece of tape so that the sticky part doesn't touch the standee).

I can post a picture if anyone is interested, I got the box to close entirely. It was annoying to have to take the time to cut it out and use the tape, but I enjoyed not having to leave the house for supplies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Saenz
msg tools
mb
How do you cut that foam so precisely? Do you just mark the border then cut with a knife? Then pull out the foam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Wickham
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had to remove the black squishy inserts. Other than that everything fit in perfectly for me after bagging up all the pieces and cards in ziplock bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fisher
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
gerizim17 wrote:
How do you cut that foam so precisely? Do you just mark the border then cut with a knife? Then pull out the foam?

Yes, I put one piece of each of the standees I was tracing, cut around them with a steakknife, then pulled out the foam and cut all the way through. Then I added the tape, and put the standees back in. Since the foam is flexible it doesn't have to be perfect, some are tighter than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gerizim17 wrote:

It took some trial and error but this ended up being the best method for me:

I used an exacto knife to cut around the standee about 75% through.

I cut a plus sign 100% through

I cut the corners 100% through

I trimmed the remaining blocks as low as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
msg tools
I don't have photos but here's what I did:

Monster standees:

-Plano Box sorted by monster type + the stands.

Chits:

-Plano box for everything. All sorted for gold, 1, 2 and 3 hex tiles. Summon tokens, battle tokens etc.

Item Cards:

-Followed someone's idea here and created a item "Shop" with a binder and some Ultimate Pro mini-european (fits 16 per page) pocket sheets.

Class Ability Cards & Modifier Decks:

-Working on another binder with the cards sorted into pocket sleeve sheets.

Tiles:

Accordion file folder and tiles sorted by alphabet. Makes it super easy to find what you need. This is also where I store the rulebook, scenario book, unopened envelopes and town record.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.