6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there a limit or cap on total glory in a single game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The glory track ends at 30. Can someone get glory in excess of this number?

This will determine who wins our scenario. It's the first time anyone has hit 30 glory, and his total will be at 33. Would he get all 33 or just 30? I tried a search and couldn't find anything one way or the other. We weren't sure if the cap on the glory tracker was just because of space on the board or if it was meant to assure players couldn't gain leads that made coming back impossible.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Neppel
msg tools
mb
Give them their full score... their is no indication that glory per game is capped... its just like in other games when you hit the top of the chart and just circle around. If you feel you must truly display it, then put their score on 3 and mentally note they have surpassed the 30 glory market.

May I also add... HOLY COW! You must be pretty late in the game to score that much. Its also pretty unbelievable that the glory target is capped (24) and someone is able to jump over 24 all the way to 33. Not saying its imposssible... just HIGHLY improbable. Must have been some huge milestone involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
motrax78 wrote:
Give them their full score... their is no indication that glory per game is capped... its just like in other games when you hit the top of the chart and just circle around. If you feel you must truly display it, then put their score on 3 and mentally note they have surpassed the 30 glory market.

May I also add... HOLY COW! You must be pretty late in the game to score that much. Its also pretty unbelievable that the glory target is capped (24) and someone is able to jump over 24 all the way to 33. Not saying its imposssible... just HIGHLY improbable. Must have been some huge milestone involved.

Yup! The full score literally puts that player 1 glory ahead of the 2nd place player. And if they only receive 30 then the 2nd player would be first. So it really determines who is emperor. Players don't really care one way or the other, but I thought there was a discussion on here at one point that addressed this specifically. I never thought it would matter, so didn't keep a mental note about it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no cap. The board just shows a reasonable amount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the above. I think the track length was a practical decision; they needed to stop somewhere and they figured people were somewhat likely to beat 25 now and then, but were unlikely to go over 30. Give the player full credit, and kudos on the big finish!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thompson
msg tools
Had a game last night were I ended the game with 36 points. Happened to be at 23 (24 end)and bought something that gave me 13 total points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.