Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
First I apologize as I can assume these have been asked, I just searched and it confused me with the answers.

If Anyone would be so kind:
1. When playing the first game and it says to ignore text on Recruit Cards, does that mean in the first game C3P0 and R2D2 should be removed from the deck, and the Falcon ring is not used?
2. In the first game or other games, is choosing C3P0 and/or R2D2 a choice for a hero and then you don't get a real hero? I'm lost on how they are handled when you draw them? For that matter in the first game the Milenium Falcon also.
3. The Tactic Card that says "Discard one Tactic Card to ..." I take it you lose this Tactic Card plus another?

Thank you for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1 & 2) When playing the intro game, ignore all text on action cards and only use them for recruitement. Action cards without the recruit symbol on the back are not used at all.

3) Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools

Some clarification about action cards: there's two types of action cards : with and without recruit symbols.

Assuming you play the full game, you draw two out of the action cards without a recruit symbol, this includes for example c3po. After you draw two, set aside the rest they are out of the game.

Now the cards with a recruit symbol you recruit every turn recruiting is being done ( first 4 turns ). These include for example the Falcon.

So you will not ever draw c3po card as a recruit card, you always recruit a hero. Even if you have all choices already you get to draw a third card.

Do note the differences on the ' when played ' of the action cards. There's several categories.

Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:

you always recruit a hero. Even if you have all choices already you get to draw a third card.

You don't always have to recruit a new leader. If you really want to keep an action card that pictures only leaders you already have, you can take the card and not recruit a new leader. If both cards you draw picture only leaders you already have, you have the option to continue drawing one at a time until you can recruit a new leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Yes, my line should have read ' you can always recruit a hero '

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:
Yes, my line should have read ' you can always recruit a hero '

I figured. Just wanted to make everything clear for the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to question 2, the difference between the starting Action cards and recruit Action cards should be emphasised. There are six cards that act as possible starting cards. There is one card for each of the four starting leaders and two Immediate cards that allow you to get either the C-3PO ring or the R2-D2 ring.

You shuffle those six cards and draw two of them randomly at the start of the game, then put the other four away in the box as they are not to be used in this game. As the C-3PO and R2-D2 cards are immediately played when drawn, they will attach their ring to one of your starting leaders.

The other twelve Action cards that do have the recruit icon on them are the ones you will draw from throughout the game. You won't ever be drawing the C-3PO, R2-D2 nor starting leader cards throughout the game as you put them away in the box.

The Imperials deck is similar, except they only have four starting cards, one for each of their starting leaders. They get two of these randomly and put the other two in the box. There are also 12 recruitable Action cards that they will draw from throughout the game.

And yes, as stated above, if you happen to recruit leaders in such a pattern that you later draw two action cards for which you already recruited everyone shown, you can either forgo the leader and take one of the cards, or draw a new Action card and recruit from it (repeating the choice if it too shows only leaders you already have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pflugh
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent ... I got it now!!! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Also there is no real reason not to use action cards in your first game. Playing without them is actually more confusing in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
Also there is no real reason not to use action cards in your first game. Playing without them is actually more confusing in my opinion.

Well...there is a reason...just not a particularly compelling one. Action cards break the core mechanic rules. That is their whole purpose, so some people may find it easier to learn those rules without them...but most of us are more than capable of juggling such things or we wouldn't be avid gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.