Alien Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: When do you roll the dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can you activate a card ability before rolling your fleet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:
Can you activate a card ability before rolling your fleet?

Out of curiosity, what card ability would benefit from this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am thinking mostly about the white die location. I could swap colonies with a card discard before rolling, and then buy the white die. And then I would roll.

Is this possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:
I am thinking mostly about the white die location. I could swap colonies with a card discard before rolling, and then buy the white die. And then I would roll.

Is this possible?

Are you asking about the Burroughs Desert with the relic ship? If so, I am fairly certain you roll that die with the others, because when you purchase the die, it goes to the location where dice are picked up after you gain them, and then roll all those dice together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:

Is this possible?

Rules for Burroughs Desert say (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Purchase the Relic Ship for 1 fuel and 1 ore. Place the ship on the Maintenance Bay and gather it with the rest of your fleet on your next turn.

So it wouldn't really matter if you did the swap before rolling.

Also, I think the way the rules are written, you are supposed to do the following:
1) Gather and Roll Your Fleet
2) Use Alien Tech Cards and Assign Your Fleet (in any order you like)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Infinity Mirror and Infiltration AI are both activated before rolling. I could see an argument over the timing of Bio-integration Circuit, but that's for another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:

Is this possible?

Short answer NO.

Explanation.
When you take over control, you do not get the die, it goes back to the board. You then need to purchase the die, it goes to Maintenance Bay for your next turn.

This is based off of Examples 1 and 2 in the manual.

Manual wrote:
Example 1:
You control Burroughs Desert with one colony and are using the Relic Ship. The next player builds a new colony and places it on Burroughs Desert. Now you both have one colony on Burroughs Desert so neither of you control the territory. You return the territory card and the Relic Ship to Burroughs Desert immediately

Example 2:
Your Relic Ship is docked at the Lunar Mine. Another player discards a Stasis Beam and places the Isolation Field on Burroughs Desert. You must return the Relic Ship to the territory immediately and may not repurchase it until the Isolation Field is moved off Burroughs Desert.

If one person controls Burroughs Desert and they lose control, the relic ship is returned to the board. The next player to control Burroughs Desert my they purchase the Relic ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! The rules are quite clear on the relic ship. Can't believe I forgot about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.