Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there is quite a bit of speciality among Gearlocs. Like the healer. Does this mean if you're playing solo you will need to run multiple Gearlocs? Or certain, more well rounded dudes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is the possibility of running just one, and the gearloc sheet has a note for each gearloc's solo difficulty. I intend to give it an shot or two solo with one but all the gearlocs have sinergia with other, at the end I will play with 2, probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With each character being so complex, that might be a headache. I'm used to running multiple heroes but would sure like a reprieve, something more along the lines of an RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty of this game solo is that it scales really well. When you have two Gearlocs, that means you have twice as many baddies on the field. I think that doing two would definitely work, but I plan to play each solo once I get them so I can get a feel for their skills.

CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS GAME!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great that CTG have included 12 solo encounters in the game and look forward to more in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think CTG has recommended only one Gearloc at least for the first several times through. Their is enough variety in each Gearloc that will allow you to take a strategy path that works solo. Also the card itself list best options to start off upgrading if you are playing solo versus cooperative.

I'm starting with Tantrum, then Nugget. We'll see what happens after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
I see there is quite a bit of speciality among Gearlocs. Like the healer. Does this mean if you're playing solo you will need to run multiple Gearlocs? Or certain, more well rounded dudes?

There is a solo deck built just for solo, and the Tyrant Encounters also have solo taken into account. The solo deck is smaller, but we plan on releasing more solo encounters in due time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.