United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as the title says, is everything high quality punchboard? I haven't seen any unboxing videos and it's hard to tell otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What are the beak tokens made of? Component Quality
Yes it is. Thick cardboard with a nice finish, if you ask me. I was very pleased with the overall quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
Yes it is. Thick cardboard with a nice finish, if you ask me. I was very pleased with the overall quality.

Agreed. Great components. Fantastic insert, no joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, very good production quality. The insert is indeed superb, and the tokens and boards feel great!
(I have the Taiwan Boardgame Design edition.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taiwan Boardgame Design edition here too. Superb components, including the fantastic insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:

For the price this is found at I had expected nothing short of it. At the least. I wondered if the tokens were maybe plastic. Thick cardboard is good though.

I have Take the "A" Chord by the same designers. The quality there, for what it is, is outstanding. The first player token is literally a heavy poker chip. Which, by the way, is a fantastic trick taking game. Out familt plays the usuals ones, Diamonds, Wizard, etc. Take the "A" Chord is easily the best. And that's saying a lot. It'd also the most "gamey" IMO.

I think I may pick up Coffee Roaster. Not much for solo games, but this one looks just right. Not too simple, and it's not like setting up Fields of Arle or Scythe for 1 player.

Thanks for the quick responses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Fisher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very high quality punchboard. It's not going to be as thick as say, Vinhos or The Gallerist, but the quality and finish is phenomenal and makes up for anything you might not like about the thickness. They have a great feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.