Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play -

If the building has been damaged you cant use it or upgrade it

- If containers are damaged you cant add resources to them until damage token is removed(end of round)

- If town hall is damaged you can't upgrade it until damage token is removed(end of round)

Anyone else play this way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it balances the inconveniences of being the first player out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clickaus wrote:
We play -

- If containers are damaged you cant add resources to them until damage token is removed(end of round)

- If town hall is damaged you can't upgrade it until damage token is removed(end of round)

This is not in the original rules and definitely takes away the casual aspect of the fights. That said, it could indeed be interesting for players who enjoy more aggressive games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
clickaus wrote:
We play -

So... this would make buildings like Drakkar and Containers worse? While it has no effect on the other buildings.
In the games I've played, Containers are hard to fill as they are and together with the Drakkar's, not the most wanted buildings.
Though Drakkar's are needed for the defensive cards most of the time. So I guess, when you where able to damage the Drakkar, they didn't have (enough) defensive cards and had less use for the Drakkar already?

Furthermore, attacking is already a strong strategy in this game and you want to make it stronger? Plus, as someone else already stated, these rules seem to strengthen the strongest player.

Not to say that you couldn't change the rules, but if you want to make the game more cutthroat, you might want to think about possible consequences the rules have on the board situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't found it to be more cutthroat or aggressive but I can see how some people would use it that way.

We just tried to think of it in the real world setting( before anyone says anything I know its a game ). If your being attacked you wouldn't have time to upgrade or store anything. You would be to busy defending, especially your beer supplies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group thought about something similar, but instead to just remove the damage token, you flip it to the hammer side. That way, a building can't be attacked twice in a row. We will try it next time we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.