War in the Pacific: 1941-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: couple more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike morton

Oklahoma
msg tools
mb
as per 12.2 may chinese units redploy to a hex with ONLY japanese units in it?

as per 10.4 may bases be amphibious assaulted with 4 or more land units?

liking this game,thinking about writing a review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
Mike,

Really pleased to hear that you are enjoying WIP. It would be great if you could find time to write a review.

I will cross-post your questions, together with my replies, to the CSW site for White Dog.

Rule 12.2: "yes", Chinese units may be so deployed. (I thought that this was specified at 12.2; but, I've just re-read the Rule and it isn't, so apologies.)

Rule 10.4: I'm not quite sure that I understand your question. Subject to Rule 8.4, there's no limit to the number of land units which may participate in an amphibious assault. If, following the assault, both sides remain in situ per Rule 9.5.3(ii), a continuing combat occurs and the exception to stacking limits in the second paragraph of Rule 10.4 applies. If, however, the defenders are forced to retreat Rule 9.5.3(iii) takes effect and the attackers will be left in sole occupancy of the hex. In this circumstance, the attackers may have to re-deploy some of their units per Rule 10.3 in order to meet the stacking limit of three land units per Rule 10.4.

Please don't hesitate to revert to me if I have misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.