8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster stat card question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
Looking for some clarification about the trait section of page 9 in the rule book. My second session is this week and wanted to clarify if the "I" section of the monster cards show something like poison or stun that is something the monster does when it hits, not something that they are immune to correct? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think thats a good question. Page 9 even shows a stat card for the Commander with traits. To bad the rulebook did not address those traits. Looking thru the faq, I also did not find anything to clarify the issue. But a forum search did bring up a thread that stated those commander traits are immunities. I don't know how accurate it is though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The abilities in section "i" of the monster stat card are things the monster can do.

Things they are immune to would be in the left side, kind of under the monster level number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
Page 32: "bosses are immune to certain negative conditions. The conditions to which they are immune are listed on their stat card (b)".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnb4bgg wrote:
I think thats a good question. Page 9 even shows a stat card for the Commander with traits. To bad the rulebook did not address those traits. Looking thru the faq, I also did not find anything to clarify the issue. But a forum search did bring up a thread that stated those commander traits are immunities. I don't know how accurate it is though.

Too bad the rulebook does address that on page 32, under bosses.

It's a decent sized rulebook and all of it needs to be read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Supafnk wrote:
Looking for some clarification about the trait section of page 9 in the rule book. My second session is this week and wanted to clarify if the "I" section of the monster cards show something like poison or stun that is something the monster does when it hits, not something that they are immune to correct? Thanks in advance.

Yes, those are traits that the monster has by default. Immunity is covered on pg. 32 and applies to bosses.

Edit: ninja-ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
johnb4bgg wrote:

Too bad the rulebook does address that on page 32, under bosses.

It's a decent sized rulebook and all of it needs to be read.

Yea, i missed that. I've read it all before, but I can't keep it all together in my head. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Zimmerman
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification folks, end result is monsters are never immune, where as bosses have immunity but no icon related powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.