Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a solo variant for this? I see that the PnP files are available on wargame vault and was very tempted to buy and build. (But only if there's a solo mode.)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a multiplayer, butterfly-effects, cutthroat economic game, and so while it's possible for you to solo it by playing all sides, it doesn't really lend itself to true solitaire play unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkP1981 wrote:
Is there a solo variant for this? I see that the PnP files are available on wargame vault and was very tempted to buy and build. (But only if there's a solo mode.)

Thanks!

Hey Mark. Having played a number of times, I really have no idea how this could be ported over to have a solitaire mode. I know of a few people who have played around with it, but I imagine the flowchart for this game (if one were to make one for solo play) would be brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
MarkP1981 wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Mark. Having played a number of times, I really have no idea how this could be ported over to have a solitaire mode. I know of a few people who have played around with it, but I imagine the flowchart for this game (if one were to make one for solo play) would be brutal.

Certainly, if someone manages to come up with something that really works, we'd be happy to throw a free game or two their way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark von Minden
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made an attempt to create a variant a few months ago but hit more than a few walls. For those interested, the core of my idea was to turn the game into more of two-sided affair where the bot was focused on causing revolution and the player was attempting to survive its efforts. Cole seemed to think that was at least a reasonable approach.

As I said, this ultimately didn't lead to anything playable nor especially interesting. This is very much a game driven by player interaction, and I think it's extremely difficult to capture the spirit of the game via a bot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.