Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Prawn King
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

We played the HOD 4 scenario to completion yesterday as planned, and had a blast. The climax was very exciting indeed as my tough Britishers closed with the very professional Wehrmacht in a tooth and nail close quarters action for the hill top. Despite loosing the battle, and if I may say so quite narrowly, I was very proud of the fact that I only lost 5 steps of infantry in the process, in keeping with the cautionary attitude of the Brits at this time of the war. I lost 4 steps of those carrier borne (infantry) in a nasty mistake outside Le Bon Repos when they were minced by a Gerry 75 perched on the end of the hilltop, I guess I would have been the subject of an enquiry for that! In a nice little vignette, worthy of a classic war movie, right thereafter I stonked that gun pit with a 25pdr shoot and duly wiped them out by rolling a 3 right on cue :-)

The system is pretty reminiscent of TCS. We are both gamers of long standing and neither of us could find much to criticize, it seems a shame that this game has attracted a lot of negative press.

I chose the historical tactics of trying to throw the Wiltshires around either side of the hill whilst pushing the Dorsets up the middle. I got all the way around the right flank and gained Esquay, but the arrival of the dreaded Tigers kept my left flanking attempt at bay.
All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable and immersive session, thanks and congrats, to my gaming buddy Paul for a quality win.
(Apologies for the poor quality photography)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brooks
United States
Charleston
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent review. You've inspired me to get it out and play a scenario.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Talbot
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlb705 wrote:
Excellent review. You've inspired me to get it out and play a scenario.

Mark

He got me to pull out my copy too.

Keith t

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.