7 Posts

Legendary: Noir» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Spider-Totem's Chosen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Roche
msg tools
The text of this card says:

"Investigate each player's deck for a card that costs 2 or less, play a copy of that card, then put it into their discard pile."

Does this mean investigate each player's deck for a single card that costs 2 or less, or for one card per person? For example, if there are four players, and and each of them have a qualifying card on the top of their deck, would you play a copy of all four cards, or just pick one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are four players, I think you would end up doing four investigations, each of which can succeed and play a card for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
So can a wound or binding be chosen? Since it can't be played. I realize the original would go into that player's discard, which might be good enough for the team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
yaverot wrote:
So can a wound or binding be chosen? Since it can't be played. I realize the original would go into that player's discard, which might be good enough for the team.

I never thought about this... what does everyone rule? I feel like there's a difference between "No Cost" and "Zero Cost". Starting cards have zero cost; where wounds and such have No Cost. I think I would make it our house rule that wounds count; because No cost or zero cost is still below cost of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
ducko wrote:
yaverot wrote:

I never thought about this... what does everyone rule? I feel like there's a difference between "No Cost" and "Zero Cost". Starting cards have zero cost; where wounds and such have No Cost. I think I would make it our house rule that wounds count; because No cost or zero cost is still below cost of 2.

I would think it doesn't count because you can't play a copy of it, which is specifically stated needs to happen before discarding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ducko wrote:
yaverot wrote:

Wounds do have cost 0. It's clarified in one of the rule books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically what would happen is that you would look at the top two cards of your friend's deck and see that one of them is a Wound and the other is a card that costs 5, for example. You would choose whether or not to put the 5 cost card on the top or the bottom of their deck, then you would "play" the Wound. But since playing a Wound doesn't do anything, you would just put it in their discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.