Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when it will be out? Any difference from the original game other than artwork?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Silveira
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they going to KS it or just sell at retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter, it went up today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something to watch out for: I got screwed on the shipping for Dinosaur Island (also by Pandasaurus), and I have no reason to believe that the shipping costs for this won't be half the game price again.

The shipping on Dino Island turned a slightly higher than average priced game into an unreasonable priced game since the shipping costs (to the U.S, not some unreachable country country) was so high. What made it even worse was that the retail editions came out for pre-order soon afterwards and was cheaper than the Kickstarter (and free shipping)!

Unless you absolutely can't wait, I'd suggest waiting for this to hit Miniature Market or your FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uglywalrus wrote:
Something to watch out for: I got screwed on the shipping for Dinosaur Island (also by Pandasaurus), and I have no reason to believe that the shipping costs for this won't be half the game price again.

The shipping on Dino Island turned a slightly higher than average priced game into an unreasonable priced game since the shipping costs (to the U.S, not some unreachable country country) was so high. What made it even worse was that the retail editions came out for pre-order soon afterwards and was cheaper than the Kickstarter (and free shipping)!

Unless you absolutely can't wait, I'd suggest waiting for this to hit Miniature Market or your FLGS.

While the shock shipping cost is a good warning, retail editions being cheaper than KS is almost 100% guaranteed to happen regardless of publisher. The more interesting question is whether the KS offers anything to make it worthwhile backing over the cheaper retail edition, and each backer has to decide that for himself on every project and not be sour about retail being cheaper since that's a given.

Edit: wait, I just checked the Dinosaur Island KS and it looks like they made shipping cheaper after the fact instead of more expensive. So what's the warning for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wyka
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
...retail editions being cheaper than KS is almost 100% guaranteed to happen regardless of publisher.

True IF the game becomes widely available at retail, or is simply not very good. Good games (like this one) not made widely available are usually great KS purchases. Pays to look at the retail plans. With this publisher, I assume there is a retail plan after the KS and further reprints should it sell out quickly. So waiting for retail should be safe, unless you want the deluxe edition which will explicitly NOT be sold at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Edit: wait, I just checked the Dinosaur Island KS and it looks like they made shipping cheaper after the fact instead of more expensive. So what's the warning for?
They didn't "make shipping cheaper". They pre-charged USD25 for shipping (with any excess refunded when shipping costs were known), plus they said all pledges were subsidised USD10 for shipping. A gentleman in China was charged USD14 for shipping - which including the USD10 subsidy meant the shipping was effectively USD24. That seems shockingly high considering that it is only going to a destination 2 cities away. Although some places like the UK managed to get shockingly low shipping costs - less than USD3 (or USD13 after the USD10 subsidy) - even though it is 3 oceans and 2 continents away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.