Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hey fellas,

Was wondering how are you playing this rule regarding Adjacent Defenders 13.6.2c. I attached a photo for my question.

- From the photo i'm attacking the German Flak unit with two American units in PA mode. South of the German flak unit is a German StuG. Now that German Stug will be attacked by the US 1st Infantry Div unit that is adjacent to it. So my question is:

Question: Are you guys playing that even though the StuG is about to be attacked it can STILL provide a defender shift for the Flak unit that is being attacked by the PA mode units?

Note: Now the rules as i'm reading it is stating that as long as the adjacent defending unit has not defender already against a GA, it is allowed to participate in giving a shift.

I've been playing if the defending unit has its hands tied by a unit about to attack them that they can't give that shift....How are you guys playing it?

Thanks
Clay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Karlsson
Sweden
Stenkullen
--
flag msg tools
I just have to ask, what kind of corner cutter are you using?

That is some neat corners...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Frocken wrote:

Hi Fredrik,

Oregon Counter Clippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808k7cfnysM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Clay,

The way it works is that you can get the adjacent defender shift as long as the contributing stack has not been GA'd yet in the current GA phase. Additionally, as long as an AS marker (due to an enemy barrage earlier) is not on that stack it can contribute. So sequencing of your attacks is very important. Don't want an enemy stack to help another stack out? Attack it first!

Doug has decided to cap the normal number of adj shifts that can be contributed from each supporting hex to a max of one per adj hex (there is no limit-up to six of course-on how many hexes can give you shift though).

The one important new rule is that a Hilltop(Vantage Point) will also give you one adjacent shift as long as any attacking unit is visible and within two hexes. Only one such hilltop shift can be contributed to another friendly defending hex - and only if not attacked itself yet in the same GA.

Note that a hilltop still always gives defenders IN ITS HEX, the one hilltop shift.

Joe

BTW, if you want that KGround game, I still have it. It's just that I thought that was for another copy of the game I had a few years back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
joeyoust wrote:
Clay,

The one important new rule is that a Hilltop(Vantage Point) will also give you one adjacent shift as long as any attacking unit is visible and within two hexes. Only one such hilltop shift can be contributed to another friendly defending hex - and only if not attacked itself yet in the same GA.

Note that a hilltop still always gives defenders IN ITS HEX, the one hilltop shift.

Joe

Hi Joe

When getting the shift from "Hilltop" (vantage point) does the enemy unit i'm viewing and is within two hexes of my unit, does that enemy unit need to be in NON-MCT for the shift to be applied or it doesn't matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
If you're adjacent, it doesn't matter. If you're two hexes away (the limit of this effect) the attacker has to be in non-Movement CT.

BTW here's a peak at one of the counter sheets for Lucky Forward...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youst
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
designer
Examples of hilltop and adj defender shifts being given to another hex under attack:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Joseph

btw the counters for Lucky Forward look sweet...Very good job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Bryant
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
claystone wrote:
Frocken wrote:

Hi Fredrik,

Oregon Counter Clippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808k7cfnysM

Ah, thanks! I had seen an old thread about these things, but was holding off because several people reported the older model 2mm clipper as too fragile.

Wish I'd had one before I mangled so many counters with nail clippers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.