Subject: HELP - I can't get past the first solo scenario! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Love this game but keep getting destroyed in the final wave of the 1st scenario - any tips welcome!

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
I also got completely destroyed the first couple of times I played the intro scenario.

For me I found it was crucial to upgrade your Barracks to Level 2 and then to train archers in the first round. Considering your most useful starting order cards all relate to ranged attack, getting those archers out there early is key.

I then focused on upgrading my walls and towers to facilitate holding extra units as well as giving the defense boost to my men-at-arms. Make sure you're upgrading the walls where you know the next attack is coming first.

Using ditches (earthen fortifications) and the order cards given to you by the Keep (Off the top of my head I think they were called Blackened Sky) is pretty helpful as well since it lets you push back some of the units to delay the inevitable onslaught.

The characters that you play with are also pretty important. I prefer using the Smuggler (getting that extra Development card is incredibly helpful) and the Deserter in order to get the extra units when training.

Finally, just make sure you're resolving the attacks correctly. During my first play I didn't realise the men-at-arms actually had an attack of 2 (rather than the attack of 1 for the warriors), so my counterattack after an assault was much weaker than it should have been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.