Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked through the rules, and I can't find any explanation. What does the "T1" result on the kickoff return table mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played this game, so this is a wild guess: "Turnover"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metal Rat wrote:
I've never played this game, so this is a wild guess: "Turnover"?

I don't think it is, because there are results that I found explanations for that are "fumble" and "interception." It also doesn't appear to mean "touchdown."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wernervoss wrote:
I looked through the rules, and I can't find any explanation. What does the "T1" result on the kickoff return table mean?

I'm going to guess that it's a typo, and I seem have a vague recollection of reading about it years ago, but what team chart are you seeing that on, and what dice roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew N
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"T1" is seen here:
1982 Bruins

special team - kickoff: 19, kickoff return: 31, punt return: 16, int. return: 36, field goal: 35

offense - passing play 6 (screen): 12, passing play 7 (sprint-out): 22, passing play 8 (bootleg): 37, passing play 9 (drop back): 26.

There are some on each of the other teams' charts, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wernervoss wrote:
"T1" is seen here:
1982 Bruins

special team - kickoff: 19, kickoff return: 31, punt return: 16, int. return: 36, field goal: 35

offense - passing play 6 (screen): 12, passing play 7 (sprint-out): 22, passing play 8 (bootleg): 37, passing play 9 (drop back): 26.

There are some on each of the other teams' charts, as well.

Well I won't be able to help directly from my copy, you have a later version with different teams than I have.... but that could explain why I halfway remember reading about it but have no corrections written to my charts.

I'm doubly confused though because none of the results you listed are a T1, and the kickoff return result you were asking about is a 31 and not T1, so maybe I'm not understanding the question at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the later releases of Bowl Bound and Paydirt, Avalon Hill started to include some results that had variable yardage - DS, X, T1, T2, and T3. They're outlined for me in a Supplement that I got with the game. There's two methods of reading them. The first is the quick method, which converts them into a set yardage, the second (full feature) method is to reroll the offensive dice at least once and use that to get a new total.

Quick
Roll Yds Full Feature Yards
--------------------------------------------------------
DS 6 Direct sum of offensive die roll
X 12 40 minus offensive total
T1 28 Normal offensive total
T2 55 Total of two consecutive offensive rolls
T3 83 Total of three consecutive offensive rolls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
In the later releases of Bowl Bound and Paydirt, Avalon Hill started to include some results that had variable yardage - DS, X, T1, T2, and T3. They're outlined for me in a Supplement that I got with the game. There's two methods of reading them. The first is the quick method, which converts them into a set yardage, the second (full feature) method is to reroll the offensive dice at least once and use that to get a new total.

Quick
Roll Yds Full Feature Yards
--------------------------------------------------------
DS 6 Direct sum of offensive die roll
X 12 40 minus offensive total
T1 28 Normal offensive total
T2 55 Total of two consecutive offensive rolls
T3 83 Total of three consecutive offensive rolls

Ah hah! Thank you for clarifying!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.