Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Jackson Howard rotating out?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just started playing and reading about the game on the web and keep seeing that Jackson Howard is rotating out. What I didn't understand is that I thought it came with the core starter set and none of the core set was supposed to rotate out. What am I missing? Is he not in the core? Are there non-core cards in the starter?

Thanks,
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/04015

Opening Moves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to this: Yes, Jackson Howard is now considered a standard pick to be included in almost every corp deck, but he is indeed in one of the data packs that rotate out, Opening Moves.
(Just like Plascrete Carapace, which at some point was in nearly every runner deck, and is from the data pack What Lies Ahead, also rotating.)

I wouldn't worry about that too much, though. If you really want the data pack, buy it and play with it until rotation, or with people who don't care about rotation.
If you don't want to buy anything that rotates, FFG has already printed several cards with similar effects to Jackson Howard (though none as powerful, which is intentional), and will possibly print others.
In either case, playing without Jackson Howard is not impossible. I don't think him rotating out will be a problem; people just need to adapt and use some of the new, less powerful cards to replace him (more interesting deck building decisions!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanos Larisis
Greece
Athens, Neo Irakleio
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
To the Light
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bottom right corner there is a cad symbol and a number.
The different symbols indicate which pack the card is from (either the core set, cycle or deluxe expansion). All core set cards have the power icon on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:
Are there non-core cards in the starter?

This line makes me think you're confusing the Championship Decks with a "starter set". If you are, then yes, there are non-core cards in these packs that will be rotated out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
No. I thought perhaps Jackson was in the starter, but not a core card. I realize the starter set has only core card and does not include Jackson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:
No. I thought perhaps Jackson was in the starter, but not a core card. I realize the starter set has only core card and does not include Jackson.

I think the confusion here is that "starter" isn't usually a term used in Netrunner. I'd just call the big Netrunner box the "Core" and refer to the 2015 or 2016 Championship decks as those, "championship decks." Especially because these aren't really decks meant to be easy for beginners to pilot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
wombat929 wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

I think the confusion here is that "starter" isn't usually a term used in Netrunner. I'd just call the big Netrunner box the "Core" and refer to the 2015 or 2016 Championship decks as those, "championship decks." Especially because these aren't really decks meant to be easy for beginners to pilot.

Makes sense. Truth is it was a silly question to start with. I was too lazy to go check my cards or netrunnerdb before posting. I heard about the card on a few youtube videos and podcasts and for some reason I thought I saw it in my core set the first time I flipped through ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.