Popular Tags: [View All]
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Rahdo run-through, he makes a point of saying that co-op players could give each other victory points and maybe other resources. I could find nothing like that in the rules. However, it does make sense that one corporation could assist another by giving them resources in return for a cut of the glory of just for them doing something useful to everyone.

So is there a rule? If not, what was Rahdo referring to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Coop all collected resources are shared and only 1 marker is used for scoring.

Your corporate board is not shared abilities and tech upgrades not shared.

As semi cooperative game does not work. No reason for someone far behind to just not help out. There is a rule you can ignore the end game win conditionsome and just score points. Still did not feel right.

Next game will be competitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taed wrote:
In the Rahdo run-through, he makes a point of saying that co-op players could give each other victory points and maybe other resources. I could find nothing like that in the rules. However, it does make sense that one corporation could assist another by giving them resources in return for a cut of the glory of just for them doing something useful to everyone.

So is there a rule? If not, what was Rahdo referring to?

Taed,

Great question..in the Co-Op Mode everything is shared, and even in the Semi-Coop Mode I'm not sure you couldn't share. However, as to the Reputation (or Satisfaction) Track, one of the things I would like the designer, Kyzysztof, to address is how many points should be earned based on the Scenario, or it renders the Track completely irrelevant.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
We stopped using the reputation tracker in our co-op plays.
We often looped over the 45 mark and saw no point in keeping track of the score. It's extremely easy to get points in co-op and no way to loose points (excluding the RTG and unless I missed something?).
I'm also not a big fan of "beat your highscore" kind of games, for me the challenge comes from the scenario itself, which is thematic, and not from some abstract high score you need to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dieter,

In a game like this, I absolutely agree. If memory serves, the only game in which I like to achieve a high score on a matrix is Nations.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Exuldur wrote:
We stopped using the reputation tracker in our co-op plays.
We often looped over the 45 mark and saw no point in keeping track of the score. It's extremely easy to get points in co-op and no way to loose points (excluding the RTG and unless I missed something?).
I'm also not a big fan of "beat your highscore" kind of games, for me the challenge comes from the scenario itself, which is thematic, and not from some abstract high score you need to beat.

I agree, but there is at least one scenario where you have to keep track of your highscore because you need to have a certain amount of points which shows the satisfaction of your people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the part of the Rahdo review that I am referring to, where he says "you can trade resources and barter" (among other similar statements): https://youtu.be/fEKct00S0tM?t=4m2s
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
PeerLagerpusch wrote:
I agree, but there is at least one scenario where you have to keep track of your highscore because you need to have a certain amount of points which shows the satisfaction of your people.

Interesting, we still have many scenarios to go, looking forward to that one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taed wrote:
Here is the part of the Rahdo review that I am referring to, where he says "you can trade resources and barter" (among other similar statements): https://youtu.be/fEKct00S0tM?t=4m2s

Rahdo answered my question on YouTube (and I've bolded the relevant portion. So, since it's not in the rules specificially, it sounds like it should be classified as a house rule, but it certainly makes thematic sense to me.

Quote:
unfortunately they forgot to put it in the rules, but here's an excerpt from an email conversation I had with the designer while the game was on kickstarter (originally i was going to runthrough it back then, but ran out of time to get me the full prototype):

Q: Can you tell me which play mode you feel is the best, and which way you'd rather me do a runthrough of?
A: The best would be semi-co-op, because you have a basic scenario for it. Co-op scenarios have different goals and are more challenging.
Also it is easy to explain the difference between co-op and competition mode using semi-co-op as the basis. In a semi-co-op there are interesting negotiations among players. For example, a player needs to borrow a supply cube from another player to procure a medicine. The latter is willing to lend it on the condition he will get one of the reputation points granted for delivering that medicine to the quarters. Thanks to the cooperation they both improve their reputation in the colony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch, Taed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the fact that this detail isn't in the rulebook but was intended by the designer is a real shame... kind of guts the heart of the game

The quote above is from Krzysztof Wolicki, btw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the trading JUST in semi-coop mode or also competitive mode? That's the only other mode I can see trading being useful.
Just working on the next amendment to the Player Aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Vyking wrote:
Is the trading JUST in semi-coop mode or also competitive mode? That's the only other mode I can see trading being useful.
Just working on the next amendment to the Player Aid.

I suspect not, but i don't really know. Someone should just geekmail Krzysztof to chime in here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard,

I've been in contact with Krzysztof, but it's been hit or miss with receiving a response.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Dickinson
Canada
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I agree that the reputation track seems kind of empty and unimportant. I've used it in my solo plays just for my own purposes of comparing my scores from one game to the next, but I don't feel it carries any real importance.

I would think it's the same in co-op mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.