Imperial 2030» Forums » Rules

Subject: Government changing hands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
Quote:
At the end of the Investor turn, a check is made to see if there will be any changes of government. In this context, the sum of all bonds of a player in the pertinent nation will determine the government of that nation. If, due to the allocation of bonds, a new player has achieved the highest credit sum (a tie is not sufficient), he takes over the government of that nation and is given the nation flag card. If several players achieve the same highest credit sum, the player first in seating order, counting from the player with the investor card, takes over the government.
(emphasis mine)

So, I understand that if I control a nation, and two different players simultaneously get more bonds then me, and they now have the same amount of bonds, we check which player is first in seating order counting from the investor, to see who gets control of said country. But I have two questions:

1) But what happens if it's just me and a single opponent who now controls the same amount of shares? Do I stay in control or do we check seating order?

2) What happens if the investor card changes hands without anyone picking the investor action? If players are still tied, do you again check seating order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A tie is not sufficient--someone has to exceed the current flag holder's total value in shares.
2. If no one has purchased new bonds of the country, the above still applies--someone must exceed the current flag holder, so there's no need to resort to the tie-breaker.

Noe that in all my games of Imperial, I've never had to resort to the tie-breaker--it is exceedingly rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
A related question: you look at the purchase value of the obligations, not at the interest, if you want to determine who controls the nation, right?

For example: if I have the 9M and 16M obligations, I get 4M + 6M = 10M interest. Someone with the 30M tile gets only 9M interest, but has more money invested than me, so they would get control of the nation, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.