Subject: Any word on a reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
As the title says. I recently found out about this game and all the KS woes, has anyone picked it up and said anything about a reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Poole
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Troller of Trolls
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted drawlab recently. The creator has quit and there are currently no plans for a reprint ever. Regardless of Vasel's law.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also talked to the publisher most likely to facilitate a reprint and they said it was a non-starter.

Sadness because this is a truly amazing game.
I'd love to see more content for it.
Maybe CMON might be willing to look at the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has generated a lot of hype. The rights could be purchased by a company more experienced with miniatures production and relaunched. The hype alone would allow them to recoup their investment. Especially if we got some better quality minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
If a company like CMON reprinted it, I would buy it again. I like it that much.

But I'm sure there are a lot of factors. Not least of which is that many people who wanted it did already get it. If it gets reprinted, I'm sure we will have to wait a couple years at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shaneslunchbox wrote:
I contacted drawlab recently. The creator has quit and there are currently no plans for a reprint ever. Regardless of Vasel's law.

not sure drawlab is the best source of details of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
shaneslunchbox wrote:

not sure drawlab is the best source of details of this.

I guess it all depends who owns the rights to what when it comes to the game (Artipia or Drawlab).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember if it was a Q&A, Board Game Breakfast, or a Top 10, but I really Tom Vasel doing a wink when talking about a potential reprint of this game. The last time I recall him doing this was for Council of Four, and that was reprinted by CMON. Not to say that it will be reprinted by them, but I'm sure he has insider information on who may end up doing a reprint.

I wish I had a link, but I can't recall where I saw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkins
United States
Monroe
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I agree with the others. Such an amazing game like this deserves a reprint and I would even buy it after owning an original copy. Not sure how hard the rights are to grab up, but at least someone needs to come up with a similar game for the masses to enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For Dark Darker Darkest and Infiltration, the rights reverted back to the creator after whatever period of time the company didn't publish (?) the game. Hopefully, this is the case with P:E. Unfortunately, so far, Vasel's Law with regards to KS has only applied to reprints and revisions by the same company who released the first KS'ed game (eg. Rum and Bones, KD:M, Gloomhaven) because of low print retail print runs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgameguru, in the UK, are listing it as back in stock on their website. I must admit that I'm rather surprised by that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Boardgameguru, in the UK, are listing it as back in stock on their website. I must admit that I'm rather surprised by that.

The base game isn't too hard to get hold of, if they get the expansion I'll be impressed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
The base game isn't too hard to get hold of, if they get the expansion I'll be impressed...

Haha, I was just coming here to say exactly that

Both are great, snatch up either if you come across them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Araiza
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
I can't remember if it was a Q&A, Board Game Breakfast, or a Top 10, but I really Tom Vasel doing a wink when talking about a potential reprint of this game. The last time I recall him doing this was for Council of Four, and that was reprinted by CMON. Not to say that it will be reprinted by them, but I'm sure he has insider information on who may end up doing a reprint.

He Just mentioned again in a Q&A that Project Elite is not dead... But he didn't give any more details.... So something is in the works....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Gába
Slovakia
Marianka
flag msg tools
badge
Project: ELITE - the greatest realtime gaming experience of all times!
mbmbmbmbmb
Inner__Light wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

He Just mentioned again in a Q&A that Project Elite is not dead... But he didn't give any more details.... So something is in the works....

Painting Caristar and Therion megabosses right now, that's good to hear.
However, I really hope they won't change the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has the theme from the movie Aliens written all over it. I'd buy that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
This game has the theme from the movie Aliens written all over it. I'd buy that.

Feels more like Starship Troopers to me, but to each is own!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
randyd42 wrote:

Feels more like Starship Troopers to me, but to each is own!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's astonishing that a game that's received so many excellent reviews and based around a very engrossing core mechanic is floating in limbo.
Here's the thing - a ton of games get offered on KStarter with a lot of hype and after a while they rather blur together; it's not until the game is released and judged by players and critics that games can really stand out. Just when Project Elite's universe should be expanding, it's cut off - for now. Hopefully another company can move something forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas -
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo still rates Project: Elite as the second best game of 2016:
https://youtu.be/4pvaeRFj_vs?t=1005

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumors suggest that a reprint will come. I expect an announcement this year. Never played the game but I would be curious to pick up a nicely produced reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Rumors suggest that a reprint will come. I expect an announcement this year. Never played the game but I would be curious to pick up a nicely produced reprint.

Exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ludlow
United States
Jamesport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was wary of the KS and figured I'd wait until retail so that the kinks would get worked out. If there was a reprint, I'd jump on it quickly. There're fools trying to sell it for $500 right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Melnyk
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pseudokojo wrote:
I was wary of the KS and figured I'd wait until retail so that the kinks would get worked out. If there was a reprint, I'd jump on it quickly. There're fools trying to sell it for $500 right now.

There are few things more satisfying than to see people hoard games, planning to sell them for staggering profits - only to see a reprint announced. I hope the rumours of a new edition are accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudokojo wrote:

I'd say the fools are the buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.