Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Deck construction and upgrade cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am just starting the game and know that there will be experience that we can use to upgrade existing level 0 cards. I'm not very sure about the deck construction rules, but can't I just include the upgraded version of the card instead of the lvl 0 cards? Need some clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This depends on the way you're playing the game. The game supports two modes of play - Campaign and Standalone.

Campaign mode is the 'normal' way to play, and in this mode you construct your deck once, using only level 0 cards, then play through the scenarios in sequence, earning XP and spending it between scenarios to upgrade your deck.

Standalone mode is an alternative way to play in which you choose a single scenario to play. In this mode you construct a deck using cards of any level but must add additional basic weaknesses based on the total XP value of the cards used.

Further details on both modes of play can be found in the Learn to Play and Rules Reference booklets.

NOTE: in either case you must construct your deck within the deck construction limitations shown on the back of your chosen Investigator's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for your fast reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.