Subject: KICKSTARTER FINALE = 243 MORE CARDS!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: That's right! The final stretch goal is an additional Quest of 243 cards. This is an insane amount of value! The quest will unlock as a series of mini stretch goals using the art from previous editions but giving them new effects to fit with the new mechanics. If you were worried you'd never have enough Thunderstone, you can now rest easy. Thank you to all of the backers and AEG for making this possible!

Old post: Since near the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign, AEG has been teasing us with a grand finale. Well it begins in a couple days so prepare yourself for whatever surprises they have been hiding up their sleeves to bring this already amazing project to its EPIC conclusion.

I will be sure to update this post with details about the finale as they are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: KICKSTARTER FINALE!! Tuesday March 21st
We're already getting so much additional content through stretch goals that I'm honestly surprised that they can still add much more and make a decent profit. Perhaps they're willing to sell it at almost a wholesale level during the kickstarter to ensure it's popularity ends up growing to the level of previous Thunderstone releases after it hits retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxBaker wrote:
We're already getting so much additional content through stretch goals that I'm honestly surprised that they can still add much more and make a decent profit. Perhaps they're willing to sell it at almost a wholesale level during the kickstarter to ensure it's popularity ends up growing to the level of previous Thunderstone releases after it hits retail.

Clearly you're misunderstanding how insanely good margins are on a Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
OxBaker wrote:

You have to forgive him.
My best guess and humble opinion is that he's either an insane fan, sycophant, or secret company employee.
He's always got something to say on the comments section of the campaign.
It's almost like it's his job.
I don't think that AEG posts as much as this guy does.

Hey, don't be like that. We all use BoardGameGeek because we have a passion for board games. So what if OxBaker likes a different board game than you? Let the fans of Thunderstone enjoy their game just as we let you enjoy yours. Cheers and happy gaming to everyone!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
UnlivedPhalanx wrote:
OxBaker wrote:

You have to forgive him.
My best guess and humble opinion is that he's either an insane fan, sycophant, or secret company employee.
He's always got something to say on the comments section of the campaign.
It's almost like it's his job.
I don't think that AEG posts as much as this guy does.
Yeah... I think I've maybe posted 2-3 times total on the comments section there so not sure what you're smoking. And your little nonsensical rant doesn't change the fact that this campaign has built up good value for the content backers are currently getting. Shame you're too jaded to see that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think he was actually referring to JadedLithium but didn't know how to quote it properly.

But yes, don't get mad when someone posts on a board game site about a board game they're excited about. That's... kind of the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeysee wrote:
I think he was actually referring to JadedLithium but didn't know how to quote it properly.

But yes, don't get mad when someone posts on a board game site about a board game they're excited about. That's... kind of the point.

Whaaaaat! Noooo. Me? I never post on this forum. First time in fact

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeysee wrote:

lol, ah, then I apologize if it wasn't actually directed at me. I tend to get a bit defensive when unjustly attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moo
Canada
Red Deer
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of fitting that their final stretch is an homage to previous Thunderstone versions. Interesting choice to use the characters and art from those versions in a new quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Long
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the big FINALE!!! Is... nothing.

More stretch goals for an extra quest, that we might hit. But may not due to no new add-ons. Seriously... Massively let down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
EulerPi wrote:
And the big FINALE!!! Is... nothing.

More stretch goals for an extra quest, that we might hit. But may not due to no new add-ons. Seriously... Massively let down.

Well, it's not nothing, it's more cards to add to a game that revolves around cards.

I think the biggest issue is what is going to happen if the stretch goals aren't all reached. Even if we just get an additional 100 cards or so, that's still a significant addition.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the need for everything to be a specific "quest". Once you've played the game a few times, my guess is that you're going to randomize things when you set up a dungeon anyway, so if we only get half of the cards, they'll still be completely usable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
msg tools
mbmbmb
jadedlithium wrote:
Update: That's right! The final stretch goal is an additional Quest of 243 cards...

Actually, right now it's 1 card

And in a couple hours it might be 2!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mikeysee wrote:
jadedlithium wrote:
Update: That's right! The final stretch goal is an additional Quest of 243 cards...

Dude that's not how you build hype. You have to say "in a couple hours we will have TWICE the value!" I jest of course. We'll just have to wait and see where we are in the next couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike C
msg tools
mbmbmb
jadedlithium wrote:
Dude that's not how you build hype. You have to say "in a couple hours we will have TWICE the value!" I jest of course. We'll just have to wait and see where we are in the next couple days.

Good point!

Seriously though, the more I think about this "grand finale" the more it kind of pisses me off. Before we were unlocking groups of ~14 cards every $10k. Now that same group will take us $56k. That's the finale that they've been hyping us for the last couple of weeks? The opportunity to get less for our money? I know we're only a couple goals in and they might really ramp up, but so far this has been yet another baffling choice by AEG. I've lost track of how many times I've shaken my head during this campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, best thing to do with KS campaigns is not to look at them until the last 48 hours. Haven't checked for awhile, but the rule of thumb is that the most money comes in the first 48 hours, then second-most in the last 48.

Some back of the envelope numbers. Before the last expansion set is added, at $20 per expansion set (based on the difference in price between Adventurer and Champion), that means you're paying $20 plus shipping for the base game and nine SG's for the Adventure set, or $40 plus shipping for the base game and nine SG's for the Champion set. Retail prices, of course, will be higher. Numbers will obviously look better once the last quest is unlocked.

Hmm... those 140 UPGRADED wooden tokens might be usable in Descent! And, speaking of FFG, well-played to reuse artwork in the last Quest! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Mikeysee wrote:
jadedlithium wrote:

You were correct, but not in the way you meant

The new stretch goals have suddenly changed. Instead of adding a single card, each stretch goal now includes two new cards!

The images on the KS campaign page have suddenly changed so now the stretch goals are...

$404K = 2 new Monster cards
$408K = 2 new Monster cards
$412K = 2 new Monster cards

The following was posted in the comments section by AEG.
Quote:
Also an eagle eyed staffer noticed that we had the card count wrong on the graphics. Monsters in A Grand Finale are 2 cards each! We've updated all the graphics to reflect that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought something seemed off when they were just going one card at a time. I'm sure many of the stretch goals will have more than 2 cards, and I wish they had started with a couple of those first. But if we get the smaller ones out of the way first, people may be more inspired to back as the stretch goals keep getting bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.