Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I was reading the Azurean Genie card and the way his ability is written confused me. It says to add 3 wish tokens and for his action take one off to heal/buff etc. I figured it should have said "you MAY take one off to do this action", where you can also choose to attack/guard instead of his special. Is that correct or is he forced to do his special action until he runs out of tokens?

Also, I am so used to games like this not allowing exhausted/tapped creatures to attack that I want to make sure about something. A creature that is inactive and has either counterstrike or a guard token on it is still allowed to counter correct? Also, that also means if a inactive creature has a guard token, gets reset the next round and still has his guard token, could get attacked and counter attack and still get to take an action, correct? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
Hey guys, I was reading the Azurean Genie card and the way his ability is written confused me. It says to add 3 wish tokens and for his action take one off to heal/buff etc. I figured it should have said "you MAY take one off to do this action", where you can also choose to attack/guard instead of his special. Is that correct or is he forced to do his special action until he runs out of tokens?

Creatures can take various actions: Guard, take a Melee attack if it has one on its action bar, take a Ranged attack if it has one on its action bar, etc. Additionally, as an action, the Genie could remove a Wish token for one of the effects listed on its card. However, the Genie could instead take a different action, just like any other creature.

Quote:
Also, I am so used to games like this not allowing exhausted/tapped creatures to attack that I want to make sure about something. A creature that is inactive and has either counterstrike or a guard token on it is still allowed to counter correct? Also, that also means if a inactive creature has a guard token, gets reset the next round and still has his guard token, could get attacked and counter attack and still get to take an action, correct? Thanks

This isn't one of those other games.

Actions are actions. Making a Counterstrike is not an action. When a creature chooses to Guard as it's action, it has essentially chosen to delay its opportunity to attack. It is often inactive if/when it gets to Counterstrike. If a creature Guards in one round and still has its Guard token next round, it could Counterstrike after being attacked, then if still active it could take a regular action when activated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the response. Sometimes it helps to have someone confirm the rules for you. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.