Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » News

Subject: Full card List/photos for what were we thinking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
Bases http://imgur.com/a/TllbB

Teddy Bears http://imgur.com/a/jiz9X

Grannies http://imgur.com/a/VzX9I

Explorers http://imgur.com/a/UbFRJ

Rock Stars http://imgur.com/a/XAOTS
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited. I, for one, am in full "Cartman waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out" mode.

Here's the order of excitement I have for these new factions:

- Teddy Bears - I think their abilities are amazing and will work well with factions that rush a lot of minions.

- Rock Stars - The concept of working with high base breakpoints is indeed intriguing. Although I would have preferred a wider variety of different minions for this one, I'm all for Rick Rolling the other players quite literally with that card art's uncanny resemblance to Mr. Astley.

- Explorers - Being the first to show up at a base; movement (I think the fourth faction that deals with it at such a high degree); and that base that gives you a VP just for having a minion there. Love the Indiana Jones references - and methinks "Harrison Ford Special" (Explorers-Astroknights) will be played early.

- Grannies - As you may have guessed, I'm not a fan of deck manipulation factions (see my general dislike of the SFDF set), so this is the faction I'm least excited about. However, the art is frickin' hilarious, and I love the way it incorporates some of the established factions (knitting scarves around a Cyborg Ape, for example).

If I may quote Cartman waiting for the Wii: "Come on... come on..."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
skidawgkc22 wrote:

- Explorers - Being the first to show up at a base; movement (I think the fourth faction that deals with it at such a high degree); and that base that gives you a VP just for having a minion there. Love the Indiana Jones references - and methinks "Harrison Ford Special" (Explorers-Astroknights) will be played early.


No, what I want to do first is use Explorers for the Smash Up redundancy Fight. Where I put 4 combos in Smash Up that are completely redundant up against each other and see what happens. I used to only be able to do 3 but now I can do 4

Wizard Mages
Pirate Thieves
Robot Changerbots
and now Star Roamer Explorers.

I also am actually curious at how those last 2 will play together, I can see a lot of synergy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cuddling the Mimic" is going to be the hot new euphemism.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To each his or her own. I haven't seen Mages-Wizards paired together yet. I have seen Pirates-Thieves win twice and Changerbots-Robots win once, so they're very good combos.

On the subject of Star Roamers and redundancy: those Ensigns look awfully similar to Wil Wheaton (who, of course, was acting ensign Wesley Crusher in TNG). First game with the C&D factions: Geeks-Star Roamers, which is an okay combo.

But back to the original topic: Bear Cavalry-Teddy Bears may also fall in that whole redundancy thing as well, since it's all about the bears - real and toy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
skidawgkc22 wrote:
To each his or her own. I haven't seen Mages-Wizards paired together yet. I have seen Pirates-Thieves win twice and Changerbots-Robots win once, so they're very good combos.

On the subject of Star Roamers and redundancy: those Ensigns look awfully similar to Wil Wheaton (who, of course, was acting ensign Wesley Crusher in TNG). First game with the C&D factions: Geeks-Star Roamers, which is an okay combo.

But back to the original topic: Bear Cavalry-Teddy Bears may also fall in that whole redundancy thing as well, since it's all about the bears - real and toy.


I haven't tried any of the combos because I don't get to play it that often.

But I wouldn't call teddy bear cavalry redundant. It's toy bears + real bears. Or real bears plus an imitation

Edit: Realistically what I'm going to do first is grab 3 people and we each pick one of the new factions plus an older one at random.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Czerniewski
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I have been and will be doing with new expansions: we play with the new factions and randomly pair them with some of the older factions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
skidawgkc22 wrote:
That's exactly what I have been and will be doing with new expansions: we play with the new factions and randomly pair them with some of the older factions.


For me the two exceptions (that I can remember) were Pretty Pretty Smash Up and Munchkin Smash. Munchkin because there was 8 of them so everyone just picked 2 factions from the set, and with Pretty Pretty Smash Up we picked one of the new factions plus one of the non-Cthulhu horror faction (ghosts, zombies and the 4 from Monster Smash). I can't remember what everyone got but the winner was zombie princesses.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fun" combo
Explorers>Idaho Smith
Aliens> cards that return minions to your hand

Play ALL* the bases!

*"all" may not be available in your area. consult with a doctor before beginning a regimen with Explorers/Aliens. Do not taunt happy fun ball.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
grarrrg wrote:
"Fun" combo
Explorers>Idaho Smith
Aliens> cards that return minions to your hand

Play ALL* the bases!

*"all" may not be available in your area. consult with a doctor before beginning a regimen with Explorers/Aliens. Do not taunt happy fun ball.


I'm curious whether aliens or time travelers would be better for this, what with dr when and do over
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Father Time wrote:
grarrrg wrote:
"Fun" combo
Explorers>Idaho Smith
Aliens> cards that return minions to your hand

Play ALL* the bases!

*"all" may not be available in your area. consult with a doctor before beginning a regimen with Explorers/Aliens. Do not taunt happy fun ball.


I'm curious whether aliens or time travelers would be better for this, what with dr when and do over

Given the lack of extra play on aliens side - TT would be better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
desocupado wrote:
Father Time wrote:
grarrrg wrote:
"Fun" combo
Explorers>Idaho Smith
Aliens> cards that return minions to your hand

Play ALL* the bases!

*"all" may not be available in your area. consult with a doctor before beginning a regimen with Explorers/Aliens. Do not taunt happy fun ball.


I'm curious whether aliens or time travelers would be better for this, what with dr when and do over

Given the lack of extra play on aliens side - TT would be better.

TT-Explorers AGAINST Aliens-Starroamers for many many bases.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oppose the explorer faction with TT-shapeshifters
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
desocupado wrote:
Oppose the explorer faction with TT-shapeshifters


No tt explorers vs zombie shapeshifters who abuse copycat
Let's see if we can get every base played from the base deck
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
Father Time wrote:
desocupado wrote:
Oppose the explorer faction with TT-shapeshifters


No tt explorers vs zombie shapeshifters who abuse copycat
Let's see if we can get every base played from the base deck


On second thought it should be alien shapeshifters, return Idaho smith when you can otherwise keep returning your copycats

Maybe we can get all 32 bases of the base deck played
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Gardner
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I like the Total Sellout card; it mocks KISS! ????
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.