Evan Burck
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Hello all,

I've held off on doing much posting on this project until I had something that appeared complete. I've seen very little in the way of things that cross that line in to being "family" games here, so wasn't sure what type of feedback I'd get. but I figured with it getting close, it's ready to show.

I know that its theme and overall appeal may not quite be the cop 'o tea of most here, but I'd still love to hear what everyone thinks of the progress.

I've just been working on the website today. It lays out the general idea of the game, and has an instructions PDF and "Gameplay FAQ" (in progress) that players can reference.

Thanks for any and all feedback, guys!

http://omykissmedia.com/index.php/chuckin-bugs/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks cute and fun!

A couple of questions on gameplay.

Do the cards refill from a deck when a card is resolved? (fish is caught or weather/hazard takes effect?)

How does the game end? When the deck is empty and all cards are resolved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burck
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
There's an instructions book in there (on the menu at the top) if you want to get the nitty gritty.

There is a supply deck for both decks of cards (Stream cards and hand cards). Turn starts with player drawing a card, and the Big Stream refills as cards are removed from it (or as some of the cards instruct things to be replaced).

Game ends when one player gets to either 10 fish cards or 50pts. Players keep track of points with a dial and point tokens. There's a bonus rewarded at the end of the game for most invasive species.

Happy to answer anything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't aware of the instructions in that menu. It wouldn't hurt to point that out on the page, since it looks nicely laid out and seems clear on a quick overview.

The game end condition should be on the web page as a line or two in the description of the goal of the game, IMHO, so people have an idea what the end of the game goal is like - knowing it's 50 points or 10 fish cards and seeing the fish values as 1-10 points helps to define the game as reasonably quick right away.

Looks good to me, so far. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burck
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll definitely be adding to the website and fine-tuning it. I want it to be a resource for this game (and future games) where players can reference things further than the instruction booklet explains if needed. I know there has been a lot of times where with some games, I spend so much time searching the interwebs for rule clarifications, and for whatever reason the designer/publisher offers little to no help. I'll likely have that end game condition worked in to the "Game FAQ" as well. That section is definitely the biggest undertaking of everything I'm working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.