Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was trying to add this person (link below) as an artist to a game I game I am looking to add to the database (that I have designed) and I can't find her. Does she have to be a part of an artist's database before I can find her? It says no results found when it tries to search for her in the artist field. What am I doing wrong?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/MissJM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
She has to be added using Misc / (Add to Database) Person. I think she can then immediately be added to the game, though both approvals may take some time.

Be sure to put her BGG user name MissJM into the Person addition. She'll get a banner like your designer banner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
She has to be added using Misc / (Add to Database) Person. I think she can then immediately be added to the game, though both approvals may take some time.

Be sure to put her BGG user name MissJM into the Person addition. She'll get a banner like your designer banner.

Walt is correct that the "user" database and the "person" are separate. You need to add the person before you submit the game. The person can be found on the game submission webpage, but the person entry doesn't show up in the person database to the public until (1) the game gets approved and then (2) the person gets approved.

But there is no "artist" badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.