Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Herron
Canada
Dollard des Ormeaux (Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played game #11 tonight (Ninja, Pirates chosen randomly)

Picked up two blueprints during the first round, picked up a third and forth later in the game. I realised that I would be able to complete ALL four blueprints and the bonuses on them. There were a few hiccups along the way (Arsonists city card, I'm looking at you), but by the last round I had everything back that I needed.

Last park step of the game for me I was holding a single card in my hand. A Ninja theme. I played it on the "Seafood and Eat It" Food outlet. Using the Ninja theme's ability I drew a Blueprint. it was Asian Fusion (any food outlet, with a ninja theme and any other theme upgrade). The attraction already had a Pirate theme for the Fish and Ships Blueprint I already had.

I had a personal best score of 249. 111 of which came from blueprints.

As with any game, the more you play, the better you understand what is available. Knowing what themes are in play (and understanding what cards are included) lets you adjust your game accordingly.

Blueprints aren't as daunting as they were the first few games. I can take one and a quick look at my cards, the market, and my opponents' cards lets me decide if I should keep it or put it back.

And again in this game, the only "take that" elements came from the red city cards. We both had the opportunity to destroy cards in each other's park, but it didn't make sense (most of the time) to do it. The demolished card could have easily been replaced, or it wouldn't really have made a huge difference to the outcome.

Almost two weeks in and the game has made it to the table nearly every night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ratovan wrote:
Using the Ninja theme's ability I drew a Blueprint. it was Asian Fusion (any food outlet, with a ninja theme and any other theme upgrade). The attraction already had a Pirate theme for the Fish and Ships Blueprint I already had.

This scenario is exactly why we introduced the Blueprint Closure card, to dramatically reduce the possible fishing expeditions in the final rounds of the game.

Very nice effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirate Ninja seafood, yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ratovan wrote:

Almost two weeks in and the game has made it to the table nearly every night.

Unfair addiction is real people. REAL!

Love it. There are a few layers of mastery of Unfair:

1. Build efficiency - what to build when, maximizing income, when to take loans etc.

2. Event play - when to play what, discovering the combos, learning when to and when not to attack / defend.

3. Blueprints - building efficiently for secret goals.

11 games in and it sounds like you are exploring all the levels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.