Vikings Gone Wild» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Bought the game recently and played a couple of times with some friends...great fun!

Some questions, however:

1. If I play the "draw 2 cards" from Odin's river and have none left in my deck, I shuffle the discard and draw, right?
2. If I successfully attack a container do I get all the resources on it?
3. If I play Loki's Lenses and have fewerf than 10 cards on my deck do I get to shuffle the discard?

Thank you for any help on this!

Cheers,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If I play the "draw 2 cards" from Odin's river and have none left in my deck, I shuffle the discard and draw, right?

Indeed you do. You must shuffle your discard and it becomes your deck each time you must draw from an empty deck, whatever the reason.

2. If I successfully attack a container do I get all the resources on it?

No, you only get one resource per container. You get none if the container is empty when you succeed your attack.

3. If I play Loki's Lenses and have fewerf than 10 cards on my deck do I get to shuffle the discard?

In a regular deckbuilding game yes, you would. But VGW has weird rules so I'll let Vincent answer that one. I myself would shuffle my discard into my deck, and then reorganize the first 10 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. The first two answers you give are in line as we've played the game.

The third one is the tricky one! So Loki like!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

In a regular deckbuilding game yes, you would. But VGW has weird rules so I'll let Vincent answer that one. I myself would shuffle my discard into my deck, and then reorganize the first 10 cards.

Well, you guessed it - we are not like the others. In our case you can only
reorganize what is left of your deck. But because we provide card storage solution, this evens out the odds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cosmik42 wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:

Well, you guessed it - we are not like the others. In our case you can only
reorganize what is left of your deck. But because we provide card storage solution, this evens out the odds.

Actually, I think this is much like other games, where you only look at the cards left in the deck. What game does this differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast reply.

Cheers,
Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.