Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scythe Automa Worker Move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Ok I'm confused on the worker move. It seems they never move. For example if moving the worker is the first move for the Automa, I pick it up and the spot I picked it up from is in the neighborhood of the most Automas so it goes right back in its place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
koolkat67 wrote:
Ok I'm confused on the worker move. It seems they never move. For example if moving the worker is the first move for the Automa, I pick it up and the spot I picked it up from is in the neighborhood of the most Automas so it goes right back in its place?

Nope, keep in mind that units that are on the homebase don't have a neighborhood. So when it says first tiebreaker is "hex in neighbourhood of most units" that would include its own space and the space that is closer to the factory, both would be valid spaces (being in the neighbourhood of a single unit). Next tiebreaker is closest to factory so the worker would move to that space, not its starting space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj B
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
reverendunclebastard wrote:

Nope, keep in mind that units that are on the homebase don't have a neighborhood. So when it says first tiebreaker is "hex in neighbourhood of most units" that would include its own space and the space that is closer to the factory, both would be valid spaces (being in the neighbourhood of a single unit). Next tiebreaker is closest to factory so the worker would move to that space, not its starting space.

That makes sense but where does it state that units on the home base don't have neighborhoods?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
koolkat67 wrote:
reverendunclebastard wrote:

That makes sense but where does it state that units on the home base don't have neighborhoods?

Automa rules, Page 5 - Neighborhoods:

First sentence of the second paragraph is "Units on home bases do not have neighborhoods."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sauinders
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Page 5 above example 2. "Units on home bases do not have neighborhoods.
Edit - rev beat me too it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
orgtigger wrote:
Page 5 above example 2. "Units on home bases do not have neighborhoods.
Edit - rev beat me too it

He always beats the rest of to to it and he's always right .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.