Subject: KS Question: how does the reduced price work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
On the Urban Tribes Kickstarter, one of the stretch goals is a reduced price for the game. I'm confused by how this works.

The current basic pledge level to get a copy of the game is $49. The stretch goal says there will be a "new reward level to purchase a copy of Urban Tribes for $39" if they reach the pledge level of $20,000. Does that mean that people who pledged at $49 will have their pledge reduced to $39? That would seem likely to drop the pledge level back down below $20,000, at least temporarily. Or do the people who pledged $49 still pay that price while those who waited can get the game for only $39? Or is there some difference between the current reward level and the stretch goal level?

Several people have commented on the slow movement of this project. I suspect many other people are confused like I am and are holding off on making pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rolf
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
as a backer i am curious about this too. i doubt if the ability to pay less is unlocked ill be penalized for supporting it early. i actually thought of messaging the creator but ultimately decided to see how it plays out. he got in touch witg every backer to tgank us for support so if he doesnt get to you on the forum i am sure a personal message would be answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gurley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MK99 wrote:
On the Urban Tribes Kickstarter, one of the stretch goals is a reduced price for the game. I'm confused by how this works.

The current basic pledge level to get a copy of the game is $49. The stretch goal says there will be a "new reward level to purchase a copy of Urban Tribes for $39" if they reach the pledge level of $20,000. Does that mean that people who pledged at $49 will have their pledge reduced to $39? That would seem likely to drop the pledge level back down below $20,000, at least temporarily. Or do the people who pledged $49 still pay that price while those who waited can get the game for only $39? Or is there some difference between the current reward level and the stretch goal level?

Several people have commented on the slow movement of this project. I suspect many other people are confused like I am and are holding off on making pledges.

Great question! If and when we hit $20,000, I'm going to create a new reward level called "Townie". The reward will still be a copy of the game, but the price will be $39 rather than $49. Everyone who pledged at the $49 level will be able to switch their pledge. I'll be sending out an update as soon as this takes effect to give folks notice, but I realize it might be down to the wire and some folks miss the window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never run a Kickstarter campaign so this is just my opinion here. But I think a lot of potential pledgers are holding off on pledging until the price drops. And their delay is holding back on reaching the level that will trigger the drop. You've got yourself in a Catch-22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rolf
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
i saw a potential issue with this that essentially everyone will switch and then the pledge level will drop a couple thousand thus making it harder to reach any goals after. i dont know if theres a way to apply discounts after the kickstarter ends or what but i love paying less and the game doesnt really need more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.