Popular Tags: [View All]
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I don't even have to try this one to know it should be avoided:

I had a party with sun, triple arrow and 3 circles. 3 circles retires and unlocks Saw....

Spoiler (click to reveal)
That's Sunkeeper, Quartermaster and Sawbones! (3 healing/support classes)

Ummm.... No!!

So, between Spellweaver, Cragheart, Mindthief and the replaying the retired very quickly Triangle, any thoughts on who I should add instead of Saw guy?

I was leaning towards the Spellweaver, but Triangle was fun and I didn't see much of it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I suggest keeping the triple arrow because
you can build him into a scary dangerous tank.

Or instead keep the Sun and
build her towards tank/heals

Or add the Mindthief. When in doubt, Mindthief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
I suggest keeping the triple arrow because
you can build him into a scary dangerous tank.

He can put out fairly significant sustained damage as well.

mournful wrote:
Or add the Mindthief. When in doubt, Mindthief.

So much this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sar Athas
msg tools
No need to change party imho.
Quartermaster can dish out some heavy damage with his multitarget attacks + "self refresh item" cards. Enhancements work very well on him. Also each level adds a support or a damage card, so if he was not built heavily towards support it should be no problem. Even his three multiattack cards of level 1 are good given the right items to increase damage.

Sunkeeper can act as a tank with single-target damage and retaliate or a dispatcher letting the QM attack and move while stabilizing QM's card flow (in terms of successive turns without rest). Probably both

I have not unlocked the Sawbone so far, but from what I've heard he seems to be the healing battery while dishing out some nice status effects? He'd be the real support then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, I was planning to keep sun and triple arrow, as they are both in the current party. The issue is I don't think the newly unlocked saw will go with them at all. I was trying to pick which damage-dealer to add to that combo.

I wasn't sure how much DPS the mindthief could be counted on for, compared to spellweaver or triangle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Kilo
msg tools
Mindthief hits for big damage if you use his +2 augment and high initiative, so that the monsters move/attack first, then you move in and finish them off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
You can build the saw to be very offensive, especially if you have a quick melee tank (ie saw won't generally be the focus of attention). I just added a post outlining this in the saw thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:
Just to be clear, I was planning to keep sun and triple arrow, as they are both in the current party. The issue is I don't think the newly unlocked saw will go with them at all. I was trying to pick which damage-dealer to add to that combo.

I wasn't sure how much DPS the mindthief could be counted on for, compared to spellweaver or triangle?

I just played a game with Triangle. My thoughts on that.
She's interesting in that her attacks are bad unless there are elements she can use. If she can use multiple elements a turn, she can do great damage. However, she requires more careful planning during hand building. Need to make sure she can fuel herself without a need to rely on her party. If she has a group that's infusing a lot, she can be much more consistent. I've only played a few games with her so far. She's trickier to use than others.

With the Sun and Arrows, there will be lots of Sun on the table, which will help with a couple of her abilities. Other than that I don't think she shares any elements with those two... can't recall. Either way, she really needs to take her +0 [element] cards to remain consistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:

I just played a game with Triangle. My thoughts on that.
She's interesting in that her attacks are bad unless there are elements she can use. If she can use multiple elements a turn, she can do great damage. However, she requires more careful planning during hand building. Need to make sure she can fuel herself without a need to rely on her party. If she has a group that's infusing a lot, she can be much more consistent. I've only played a few games with her so far. She's trickier to use than others.

With the Sun and Arrows, there will be lots of Sun on the table, which will help with a couple of her abilities. Other than that I don't think she shares any elements with those two... can't recall. Either way, she really needs to take her +0 [element] cards to remain consistent.

(Sorry for more spoilers, they are pretty minor...)
When I briefly played Triangle, it was with Circles, and they supported each other on the elements pretty well. Is Spellweaver less dependent on the infusions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.