Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Scythe and really liked the idea of an achievements page. However, I didn't like how everything was focused on wins.

I created a 2 page document where people can track all 8 possible combinations of wins for each Path, Top scores at each player count, lowest win scores and some rather difficult end game achievements which do not require a win in order to mark it.

You will find the link to the file here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/145014/anachronous-ac...

This thread is for discussion of the achievements. I'm assuming discussion will primarily focus on the difficult end game achievements, so I'm listing them here:

The below achievements require a minimum score of 30VP (to ensure you're still playing the game), but do not require a victory.

Difficult
Adam & Eve: end the game with only 2 workers
Hoarder: end the game with 10+ resources
Hot Showers: end the game with 25+ water
Full Districts: end the game with 12 buildings (no SPs or anomalies)
Anomatrix: end the game with 4+ anomalies
Ready for More: end the game with 6+ energy cores
Scientastic: end the game with 3 sets of breakthroughs
Scienterrific: end the game with 4 sets of breakthroughs
Populous: end the game with 12+ workers
Elite: end the game with only geniuses
The Right Stuff: obtain 30+ VP from your evacuation condition
Well Rounded: have one or more of everything at game end (each type of building, anomaly, SP, each resource, power pack, water, paradox, 1 breakthrough, all 4 worker types, and VP tokens).
Nothing Left: end the game with no water, resources or power packs left.
Mind the Gap: end the game with 3+ building gaps (a gap is where you have an empty building spot with a building to the right of it).
Ready to Go: end the game with 8+ active workers
Projector: end the game with 4 super projects
Track Star: end the game with both morale and time travel tracks at full
Experimental: end the game with 5 experiment cards (Doomsday)
On Guard: end the game with 3+ Guardians (Guardians)
Adventurous: end the game with 12+ adventure cards (Pioneers)

Extremely Difficult
Hermit: end the game with 1 worker
Abandon Ship: end the game with 0 workers
Anomalies Anonymous: end the game with 5+ anomalies on your board
Super Well Rounded: end the game with two or more of everything (same as with “Well Rounded” but no SPs)
The Ultimate Breakthrough: end the game with 5 breakthroughs that match
Extreme Hoarder: end the game with 15+ resources
Hot Tubs: end the game with 35+ water
Overcrowded: end the game with 15+ workers
Level Up: end the game with 5 level 2 experiment cards (Doomsday)
Replaced: end the game with 4+ Guardians (Guardians)
Adrenaline Junkie: end the game with 15+ adventure cards (Pioneers)

Although I think I've covered most types of things, if anyone has an ideas I will definitely consider adding them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12 worker is not so difficult, I had it yesterday (with ~63 points).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Il Baratro
Italy
Dolo
Venezia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea!
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Rich
United States
Corsicana
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea. Provides a fun challenge to help add replay ability. Similar to video game trophies or achievements. Now I just need more of this for the rest of my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the idea! Some of these remind me of end game objectives we rejected (most cubes, most energy core) because they reward "holding back" and playing "suboptimally". Try coming up with "funky" ways of playing well, and reward that

"Suffer no penalty at the end of the game, while warping 2 tiles every round" etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bithalver wrote:

I may need to increase it then for the next version! If I think about it now it is easier than many of the others. Maybe 14 and 17 workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
I really like the idea! Some of these remind me of end game objectives we rejected (most cubes, most energy core) because they reward "holding back" and playing "suboptimally". Try coming up with "funky" ways of playing well, and reward that

"Suffer no penalty at the end of the game, while warping 2 tiles every round" etc.

Ya there are a lot of achievements that don't reward quality play, but that's why they are hard and only need to be done once. Playing the game and trying new and interesting strategies is rewarding enough!

I have considered doing in game achievements. Take 4 research actions in one round etc. If I do I'm hesitant to add anything that requires a memory over multiple rounds, but I'll think about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TopherMel wrote:
bithalver wrote:

I may need to increase it then for the next version! If I think about it now it is easier than many of the others. Maybe 14 and 17 workers.

To be honest: we had the goal for majority of workers while I already had 10 _and_ we got the "double recruit" action for the 5th turn.

In another occasion one player had 8 workers at the end of the 1st era (2 recruit + 1 from using a red building); to get 4 more is no problem.

So, IMHO at least 14 should be the goal.

Honestly, I do not know why the tabletop gaming does not use achievements in general: it makes all games more interesting to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1.1 now available which changed Populous to require 15 workers and Overcrowded to require 18. Also it's been placed on a nicer background and is now a pdf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
Canada
flag msg tools
Solo achievements?
I have not played Chronobot enough to offer any good ideas for solo achievements though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Melenberg
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegenghiskhan wrote:
Solo achievements?
I have not played Chronobot enough to offer any good ideas for solo achievements though.

I've not played it enough either to know what would make for specific solo achievements. You could print an additional copy of both pages and try to win with all versions of the player boards and do all the difficult achievements solo. Though my recommendation would be that you have to score within 10 points of the bot in order to mark it as counting. Some may well be impossible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.