Subject: TMG and 5th Player Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When...when when when, will TMG have the 5th player playing pieces available? I just would like some more news when their site will be up and when people like me, in the US, can purchase this and/or the Deluxe expansion.

I look forward to anyone's reply. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG might release a 5th player expansion, although I doubt it, but they'll never re-release the deluxe edition of the base game again as it was a Kickstarter exclusive. In the meantime the DLP 5th player upgrade pack ships worldwide from their website

Edit: Silly me, I was wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG is currently working on the 5th player expansion now. There isn't a timeframe yet. Maybe Q4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I would have known there wasn't 5th player pieces inside the box before spending $65 CAN of the Invasion expansion. There's really nothing on the box cover to warn you that there are not 5th player pieces inside. Selling a 5 player expansion without the pieces to play with 5 seems wrong. I kinda feel like I have been scammed. I can't really return it to the retailer because I opened it to look for the 5 player pieces. I guess my game group won't be playing this one anytime soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really disappointed as well. The box contains some components for 5 player games, but not the pieces? How does that make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Oliveira
Brazil
Maceió
Alagoas
flag msg tools
badge
I Play therefore I Am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Sorry to bother you, but could you please post the link to the mentioned site where its possible to purchase the 5th player expansion? I've tried TMG site to no avail.
Thank you for your time and attention also please pardon the eventual mistake as english is not my native language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Alexlimol wrote:
Hi, Sorry to bother you, but could you please post the link to the mentioned site where its possible to purchase the 5th player expansion?

I don't own it but I believe this is it:

http://www.dlp-games.de/orleans/fan-kit/a-230/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Exactly our situation. We couldn't play.

This particular game group has been playing together for the last 15 years...this is the first time we've come across a literal truly broken game. Talk about a buzzkill. I only wish I could return the game, but instead I'll have to hunt down the pieces they couldn't be bothered to include.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent TMG an email asking about the 5th player expansion back in February:

Quote:
You're actually the first person to ask. The Invasion expansion can play up to 5 players, but the 5th player add-on is not included in the expansion box. Our Orleans Deluxe KS copies have the 5th player included, so those that have that copy of Orleans are able to play with the 5th players. We decided to print Invasion first before the 5th player add-on, so that we would have a larger variety of how to play Orleans. The good news is that we currently have the 5th player add-on in pre-manufacturing stages. We're hoping that it will be available later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know that there is some progress on this. Do we have any current updates on when we can order the 5th player expansion from TMG and/or when their site will be up to purchase the deluxe set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually came up from a search:

http://playtmg.com/orleans-5-player/

Not sure how to get it, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Read
msg tools
rokkon wrote:
This actually came up from a search:

http://playtmg.com/orleans-5-player/

Not sure how to get it, though.

http://www.dlp-games.de/orla-ans/material-fuer-5-spieler/a-2...

That is the link. I just ordered it myself. Paid through Paypal. Pretty easy to do. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. I've read that it is not the same thickness, and doesn't match exactly, but I'll live with that. I just want the game to allow for 5 players. Really bad thinking on their part.

I agree with others here about Invasion. I bought the damn expansion BECAUSE it advertises a 5th player! I'm on here because I was wondering if my box was missing stuff. Really, for the price they are charging for this expansion, there is no excuse to not include the 5th player materials. Absolutely, stupidly priced.

If the game wasn't so damned good, this experience would turn me off of this company all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.