Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Are there any strategies/tips to this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Our gaming group has played this several times now and there is one player who consistently loses. She used to be interested in playing but she has become increasingly hesitant to. I was wondering if there were some pointers I could give her so that she could hopefully do better and enjoy the game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont buy anything with + clanks
But a lot of boots and movement aiding cards (teleport, magic carpet, etc)
Run around collecting as many secrets as possible.
Run away and trigger end game.

Btw the game has only 1 winner, so a consistent loser is not too bad. Maybe the other players are just better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
There seems to be significant luck in this game. I tend to win when better cards turn up for purchase on my turn than on other people's turns.

A common winning strategy I see is to collect a lot of gold (swords and card luck helps) then buy a backpack and/or key, pick up valuable artifact(s) and lots of other stuff (a few points here and there), and buy Secret Tomes in the end game. Getting out for the 20 point bonus is not necessary if you do the rest well enough.

Good luck doing that consistently better than everyone else.

I have seen the race in, grab something, and race out strategy work once and fail several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MVashM wrote:
Btw the game has only 1 winner, so a consistent loser is not too bad. Maybe the other players are just better

I misspoke, what I meant is that pointwise she always comes in dead last

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boyle
United States
New York
flag msg tools
50_Shades_of_Greyjoy wrote:
MVashM wrote:

I misspoke, what I meant is that pointwise she always comes in dead last

If the problem is points she may need a reminder of all the various ways points can be earned. The artifact is obviously the big one but even the most valuable artifacts usually only make up 1/4-1/3 of a player's final score.

There are a lot of points to be had from other tokens on the board, especially some of the big secret chalices (7) and items in the market. When picking cards from the dungeon row make sure to consider ones that provide victory points, especially mid-late game.

As this is a deck builder she may need to figure out how to build a deck that has good card synergy. For instance, combining cards that produce clank (Dead Run) with ones that reduce clank (Sneak). Or trying to get the Rebel companions along with other companions, which can produce big extra card draw combos. Or focusing on gold and combat to make better use of the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.