5 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: several rules clarication please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robbie z
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just recently bought CCE and it is my first war game ever. I solo test played the first episode today. really enjoyed it! However, there are a couple of rules i am not sure of. ninja

1. Regarding the sniper event, if the target hex has more than one enemy unit inside, who gives to choose which one to break?

2. About order and action. is it true that all units including the leader, excluding the hero can only receive one order per turn, but as many actions as possible when the requirements are met? Units that are activated by a leader are able to receive an order themselves or not?

3. About move and advance. In the rulebook, it says when it comes to melee, it is sometimes advantagous to overstack to overpower your opponent. The idea sounds neat, but how? you can move, let's say, a squad into a hex where the leader is at. however, you can't activate the advance order again, right?

4. how does the assualt fire work? because i am confused with the phrase
activated to move". what does that phrase mean? i can use this action and then choose to move?

5. about fire offense and defense roll. let's say I have a firepower of 15 and i want shoot at a hex where the enemy is and there are more than one of them. should each of them roll to see if their defense plus command, terrain etc is more than 15 OR as the offender, i need to re-roll a fire attack everytime i target at the new enemy even though they are in the same hex?

Forgive me if my expressions may cause some misunderstanding as i am not a native english speaker! and I appreciate all of your response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
robbie2046 wrote:
I just recently bought CCE and it is my first war game ever.

WELCOME IS THIS GREAT FAMILY

Quote:

I solo test played the first episode today. really enjoyed it! However, there are a couple of rules i am not sure of. :ninja:

1. Regarding the sniper event, if the target hex has more than one enemy unit inside, who gives to choose which one to break?

1.9.1.3 (...) The player rolling the Sniper! trigger reveals the top card of his draw pile (...)
(...) That player may then select one unit in or adjacent to that hex and break it. (...)
Quote:

2. About order and action. is it true that all units including the leader, excluding the hero can only receive one order per turn, but as many actions as possible when the requirements are met? Units that are activated by a leader are able to receive an order themselves or not?

A.24.1 Multiple Actions may be conducted in response to the same game situation.
Quote:

3. About move and advance. In the rulebook, it says when it comes to melee, it is sometimes advantagous to overstack to overpower your opponent. The idea sounds neat, but how? you can move, let's say, a squad into a hex where the leader is at. however, you can't activate the advance order again, right?

Quote:

Imagine a opponent units with 6 adjacent squads, and one leader (2 radius). you play a advance order on this leader, who activated as well the 6 squads. Each one advance to the ennemy hex.
The melee is 1 ennemy vs 6sqds + 1 leader

4. how does the assualt fire work? because i am confused with the phrase
activated to move". what does that phrase mean? i can use this action and then choose to move?

You play a move order on units. You can play a assault fire action on theses units with a boxed movement value, during this movement order.

Quote:

5. about fire offense and defense roll. let's say I have a firepower of 15 and i want shoot at a hex where the enemy is and there are more than one of them. should each of them roll to see if their defense plus command, terrain etc is more than 15 OR as the offender, i need to re-roll a fire attack everytime i target at the new enemy even though they are in the same hex?

1 fire attack roll for target hex.
1 defense roll for each attacked units

Quote:

Forgive me if my expressions may cause some misunderstanding as i am not a native english speaker! and I appreciate all of your response.

Désolé pour mes réponses dans un anglais très approximatifs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbie z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much for your reply! Clears many confusions.

let me confirm one more time on the order vs actions.

Even though i order a leader to activate multiple squads to fire or move or advance, those squads are forbidden to take further orders in this turn and only are eligible to take actions, correct?

Also except hero, there is no units in CCE that can be activated to execute more than one order per turn right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both accounts, Robbie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robbie z
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you, Chad! So glad you are still active in the forum and answer questions! Fall in love with CCE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.