Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the P500 page on the GMT website to find the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
For the lazy: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-613-spacecorp.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You were expecting something witty?
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Does anyone know if GMT needs/wants playtesters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. All I'm getting is a cover graphic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked and it works fine for me. Perhaps give it a bit of time to load.

(you did notice the arrow on the right side of the screen for scrolling through pages, yes?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And you can download it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only had time for a quick glance, but it seems these rules are only for 2-4 players, nothing about solo play.

Since this is only a play test version I'm hoping that there will still be solo mode in the final version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo rules booklet isn't ready to be posted yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
I just checked and it works fine for me. Perhaps give it a bit of time to load.

(you did notice the arrow on the right side of the screen for scrolling through pages, yes?)

That would be "no". Somehow I missed that. All's well. Sorry for false alarm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
k1nu wrote:
Awesome! Does anyone know if GMT needs/wants playtesters?

I have a playtest team working at the moment. If I decide we need a second round, I will put out a call on BGG and ConSimWorld for more volunteers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Only had time for a quick glance, but it seems these rules are only for 2-4 players, nothing about solo play.

Since this is only a play test version I'm hoping that there will still be solo mode in the final version.

Game design John Butterfield means this will not be an afterthought, I cannot think of many designers with a more impressive solo portfolio.

I also cannot imagine the Mr B and the Jensen partnership not delivering on all billed fronts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len K
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You were expecting something witty?
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

Game design John Butterfield means this will not be an afterthought, I cannot think of many designers with a more impressive solo portfolio.

I also cannot imagine the Mr B and the Jensen partnership not delivering on all billed fronts.

The Mar 19 episode of the Low Player Count podcast was an excellent interview with John Butterfield, covering many topics, including Spacecorp. At around 44:50 he confirmed there will be a solo version and spent a couple minutes discussing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm really interested in this game. I'd just like to ask some of the playtesters/devs whether the 3h playtime is realistic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our last five tests have been:

3h 21m
2h 2m
2h 11m
4h 3m
2h 52m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any solo play testing happened yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:

3h 21m
2h 2m
2h 11m
4h 3m
2h 52m

Thanks for the quick reply, Chad. The reason I need to know is that regardless of how awesome a game is, I would have difficulty finding partners for much longer than 3h sessions. I'm sorely tempted to back the game on p500, but I'll discuss it with my playgroup first to see if they'd be interested in playing it at least once a month so we could gain sufficient experience to push the playtime down towards the low end. If yes, I have a feeling this game would be a fine addition to my carefully-picked collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidra wrote:

..I'll discuss it with my playgroup first to see if they'd be interested in playing it at least once a month so we could gain sufficient experience to push the playtime down towards the low end. If yes, I have a feeling this game would be a fine addition to my carefully-picked collection.

Count me in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dukelander wrote:
vidra wrote:

..I'll discuss it with my playgroup first to see if they'd be interested in playing it at least once a month so we could gain sufficient experience to push the playtime down towards the low end. If yes, I have a feeling this game would be a fine addition to my carefully-picked collection.

Count me in :)

Thanks, mate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:
Has any solo play testing happened yet?

Design for the solo game is complete. It has moved on to the development phase and will be going to testing soon. So I guess the answer is "No." (Except for what John did while designing, of course...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidra wrote:
Chad Jensen wrote:

3h 21m
2h 2m
2h 11m
4h 3m
2h 52m

Thanks for the quick reply, Chad. The reason I need to know is that regardless of how awesome a game is, I would have difficulty finding partners for much longer than 3h sessions. I'm sorely tempted to back the game on p500, but I'll discuss it with my playgroup first to see if they'd be interested in playing it at least once a month so we could gain sufficient experience to push the playtime down towards the low end. If yes, I have a feeling this game would be a fine addition to my carefully-picked collection.

I'd put the average 2-player game at 2.5 hours; 3-players at 3 hours; 4-players at 3.5 hours. Also note that there will be shorter scenarios covering only 1 or 2 of the three eras, which will naturally reduce play time significantly -- for example, one 2-player session saw us finish the (first) Mariners era in 18 minutes.

Solo testing hasn't yet begun (the design has been handed off and I'm putting together the rules and components for that now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Any update on how everything is progressing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Multi-player testing is wrapping up (concentrating on the shorter scenarios just now). Solo testing begins in earnest in a couple of weeks.

We should be ready to begin final artwork/production by the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Still on track? (Yes, I'm eager!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in the game as solo only and the time to play is an issue for me. How long a solo game lasts in general would be interesting. Also, is there any way to "save game" between each of the 3 phases?

I could see myself playing an hour for a phase, packing it up, and continuing on the next day stage 2. Leaving the game on the table overnight is not an option for me because my 1.5 year old daughter would be sending the cards and pieces into space for real, and our cat would be sending/chewing up cards into the black hole so to speak! haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.