5 Posts

Mascarade» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Beggar in the main game (no expansions) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Istur Isindhalar
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi, this is my first post in BGG's forum.

I've played Mascarade a lot of time, but I've never understood the beggar card, cause in the rulebook it isn't explained.

I don't have any other expansions, so I don't know if this card is played in them.

I've seen that in this forum there're a lot of threads about Mascarade and so a lot of fans.

Someone can explain me how can I play this card (if I can)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Ujhelyi
msg tools
It was meant as an additional, custom role that you can customize to your liking, so there is no rule in the game for its use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some ideas on how to use it in this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
A contest was held to find an offical rule for the beggar and the bear tamer. The rule of the beggar (which can be found now on the expansion) is that, clockwise, each player that is richer than the beggar gives her a coin.
We are still waiting for the verdict of the bear tamer. It must be the hardest decision ever to take because the jury has been deliberating for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Istur Isindhalar
Italy
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the replies. IMHO it's a good idea to let choose a rule (secondary) to the community.

In the thread linked there're also some good ideas too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.