Rommel Metrillo
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was reading more into Balazar and his abilities when I noticed his cohort Padrig in the Summoner Character Deck. One of it's abilities reads:

"While displayed, for your combat check, you may reveal a monster or spell to roll 2d10, or 2d12 if you have a role card."

My question is: If I or another player plays a blessing to the combat check, do I add 1d10 (or 1d12) to the check? Blessings add 1 die to the check, does it matter that there was no skill die on the check (not STR, DEX, CON, WIS, INT or CHA)?

Is this the same for say a character without a Divine skill, but attempts a Divine check and uses an ally that adds says 1d6 to his/her Divine check, would playing a blessing add another 1d6 to the check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This cohort is an example of:

MM rulebook p.11 wrote:
A few cards that can be used on checks don’t use any of your skills; they instead specify the exact dice you need to roll or the result of your die roll.

This case is covered in:
MM rulebook p.24 wrote:
Blessings...If a card instead specifies the exact dice to roll for the check, the added dice are of the type specified by that card.

So, a blessing played on a combat check which Balazar is making using Padrig adds a d10, or a d12 if Balazar has a role card.

Your second example is not analogous. The player is making a Divine check. Their skill die is a d4. So a blessing adds a d4. (In the first case, Padrig specifies the die which is used instead of a skill die for the check. In the second case, the ally is adding a die, not specifiying the skill die.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rommel Metrillo
msg tools
mbmbmb
Got it!
Thanks. It's much clearer now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.