Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen the board displayed in several of the KS Preview videos, but it's hard to determine size from the various zoom ins/outs (and the Heavy Hitters are larger than normal Minis, so that throws off some of the visual factoring as well). And it looks like it's very close to the board becoming double-sided (as per Stretch Goal), so I'm wondering if anyone knows exact dimensions of the board once it is laid out. I'd like to get a sense of the table-space involved as well as the how large the play area will be when playing/moving units around.

I've not been able to find dimensions listed on the KS page, so I'm looking to find out from any reviewers that received preview copies and can perhaps take a quick measurement for me.

Thanks in advance! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Go Jira
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked about this on the KS for the same reason you did, and never got a response.

But I can confidently say that each hex cell looks at least 2.5" wide, flat to flat. I am guessing closer to 3" though. So counting the hexes, it shouldn't be too hard to come to a rough estimate in overall dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always prefer to know that in advance as well. I seldom have trouble fitting a game board on my table...but there are a some that are too big from a footprint perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Douglas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
On facebook it was mentioned that it is 73mm flat to flat on the hexes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Pearson
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the official size of this board? Would really like to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex E
Canada
flag msg tools
I haven't heard any official responses from Weta about the size, but I think Chef may have misinterpreted the stretch goal - I don't think it was doubled in size for a stretch goal, but rather it was double sided for a stretch goal.

In DriveThruReview's video comments about the game Joel answered a similar question saying the board was "... about as big (if not bigger) than the board for Scythe?"

On the BGG forum for Scythe, user bobpony said the following:

"The standard board is 624mm x 818mm. The big board is supposed to be 818mm x 936mm"

So I suppose it will be somewhere in that area? I'd guess the standard size is closer, but I could be wrong. This is also based on the prototype version of the board, so I guess the final product could be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.