Amedeo Marciano
msg tools
mb
Hello Everyone!

I'm forced to take every action or I can choose? So for example if I cannot
grow population OR cannot construct military unit?

I think I was forced..

thanks )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
It's optional. You dont have to use his ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wait, what? I think the OP is asking if he can choose to only grow his population for example. I thought one couldn't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Using the ability is optional. But if you do use it, you can't just use it to grow pop.

Sorry for not understanding the OP question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
It's optional. You dont have to use his ability.

That's a confusing answer. Of course you don't have to use Barbarossa's ability - you can also grow population and build military as usual. But if you do use it, you have to do the whole combo action at once. You can't, say, spend a military action to grow population in a discount. You have to build a unit with it at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amedeo Marciano
msg tools
mb
Ok guys..thanks

I played rightly thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, it does give you the (inefficient) option of using 1 resource in place of 1 food to grow a pop for 2 MAs, rather than 1 CA (use the ability to build a warrior, then disband the warrior). I think it would be a very rare circumstance when you would want to do this, but it is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.