Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone.

I'm wondering how the feel of leveling up and choosing new abilities will be. If I remember correctly there will be around 10 feats for each character. Basically half of them tied to a certain alignment. There will also be some "generic" feats to choose from. Since You can only level up to 7th Level (right ?), I'm wondering if it is more of a question which feat to choose at which Level (getting nearly every feat there is available for the character's alignment) than to do really different builds. Both approaches have pros and cons. Can anyone with more insight confirm this? Or am I wrong?

Regards, Gorkar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adventurer,

Fortunately, the topic is much more complex devil

Heroes will reach the Soulrank VII with 1-2 Innate powers (written on hero card) + 5-7 Hero Powers acquired + 1 Standard Talent + 1 Legendary Talent + (eventually) Wolf or Vampire Form. (+ different: HP, MV, Action and Combat activities, Inventory Slots and Save roll, without counting the equipped Items: 1-2 Weapons, 1 Armor, 1 Artifact).

Each hero will have a deck of 11 to 15 Hero Powers, with 2-6 (average) of them related to the Soul Nature.

There are 7 Standard Talents (all generic in terms of class restriction) to be acquired starting from Soulrank I to IV (vary on each class).

There are 10 Legendary Talents, all different, 2 for each Fighting Style and 2 generic.

Wolf Form will completely change all physical attributes and weapons, while Vampire Form will grant some different stats and 5 new Powers (1 of them is a malus).

So... I think we need to talk of "Characters Builds" at 100%, cause you can explore several different paths to build up your hero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here I thought I could wait a few weeks to get the game but now... now, I can't really wait. Can we fund and develop teleportation tech already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter van Loon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Indeed, this is just making me more hyped for the game.
Counting the days till it arrives! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exuldur wrote:

Same here! At this point I'm pondering setting up a game of GD both to stave off my eagerness and to get my kids used to having Daddy's board game take up all the playable space in the living room, because I feel like that's going to be the norm for a while after S&S arrives...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sounds REALLY cool. I am SO looking forward to getting the game. Thanks for the in-depth answer Simone.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick follow-up question. Regarding wolf and vampire forms: Is every character exactly the same when transforming into a werewolf or vampire? Or are certain classes better suited for such a transformation. I don't know, like an already strong meelee character like the dwarven slayer being a stronger werewolf than the weak (in hand-to-hand combat) summoner?

Is anything from the base class kept when transforming?

Regards, Gorkar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hope people didn't want spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
I hope people didn't want spoilers.

Huh? Because if people DID want spoilers they would be disappointed not getting any? Or are things that are common knowledge in the game from the start (like the number of different powers a character can choose from) spoilers for you? That would be like saying in D&D it's not only a spoiler to read the adventure, but also to read the rulebook.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Skaak wrote:
Exuldur wrote:

Same here! At this point I'm pondering setting up a game of GD both to stave off my eagerness and to get my kids used to having Daddy's board game take up all the playable space in the living room, because I feel like that's going to be the norm for a while after S&S arrives...

AMEN ON THIS!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.