Subject: Brush Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hacker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I move a brush in my studio, can I move it to any color that I possess? Or is it just to an adjacent card?

The rules aren't clear on limiting the move to an adjacent card, but that's the example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote from the rules:
You can move a Brush on a Landscape icon to a different, empty icon in your Studio.

So yes, you can move it to any color you posess.
There is no limitation to only adjacent icons.

EDIT:
Confirmed by the designer in this thread:
Three questions (brushes, diplomas, a "joker" landscape")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hacker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
But all them there strange long tiles are the same but for them little tiny picture thingies on them. How confusing them there rules are! And ya gotta read so much difficult sentencing and ya gotta figure out these strange little pictures just to play this weird little game about making some kinda long cartoon.

Wow, that's a really rude response to a simple question. I don't know why you felt it necessary to respond that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hacker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NicoR wrote:
Quote from the rules:
You can move a Brush on a Landscape icon to a different, empty icon in your Studio.

That's kind of what I thought, but our group ruled it that it had to be adjacent. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
Zergo wrote:
Krsnaji wrote:
But all them there strange long tiles are the same but for them little tiny picture thingies on them. How confusing them there rules are! And ya gotta read so much difficult sentencing and ya gotta figure out these strange little pictures just to play this weird little game about making some kinda long cartoon.

Wow, that's a really rude response to a simple question. I don't know why you felt it necessary to respond that way.

I must apologize for my being such a jerk. There is no excuse but to say that you were the undeserved object of my venting regarding others.
I am sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
NicoR wrote:
Quote from the rules:

This was helpful thank you. I also had the same question after my first read through of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Zergo wrote:
When I move a brush in my studio, can I move it to any color that I possess? Or is it just to an adjacent card?

The rules aren't clear on limiting the move to an adjacent card, but that's the example.

Thanks for saving me the time of asking the same question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ana Dom
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hello guys!! I think you are mistaken here!! The rules say that you are limited by each symbol per round (one left arrow and one right) I understand that you can move one space to the left and one to the right per turn! Cause then, you have to plan ahead and sometimes you will just have to move the brush for strategy for later on, but only one space adjacent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Robbemont
Belgium
Hoogstraten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anapaodn wrote:
Hello guys!! I think you are mistaken here!! The rules say that you are limited by each symbol per round (one left arrow and one right) I understand that you can move one space to the left and one to the right per turn! Cause then, you have to plan ahead and sometimes you will just have to move the brush for strategy for later on, but only one space adjacent!

No, each "arrow" allows you to move to any empty color you posess.

This has been confirmed by the designer in this thread (bottom post):
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NicoR wrote:
anapaodn wrote:
(one left arrow and one right)

No, each "arrow" allows you to move to any empty color you posess.

This has been confirmed by the designer in this thread (bottom post):

Further clarifying: the "left and right arrows" are ONE ARROW SYMBOL, that allow ONE MOVE per symbol, NOT per 'arrow direction'.
So your starting tile allows 1 move, regardless of distance or direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.